Chapter 3

Paris was pissed as hell. Not only had Dominic given her the day off to prepare for his big business dinner, but to also help assist him in picking out an engagement ring for Natalia. Paris had woken up at her usual time of 6:30 only to have checked her voicemail and hear the message Dominic had left for her. She pressed the play button again and listened to the message.

"Paris don't worry about coming into the office today. Me and you are taking the day off. I have some tasks for you that need to be completed before the dinner at seven. Including having you help me look for an engagement ring for Natalia. Be ready around 8:30. I'll be there to pick you up."

Paris slammed her iPhone down on the marble countertop causing Batman to jump. She turned her head to glance down at the dog snuggled up in his white doggy bed, "Sorry baby." Paris couldn't believe this was happening to her right now. Somewhere in the midst of those two years of working for Dominic, Paris had began to like him far more than just a friend and as her boss. And for a while she believed that maybe he liked her too but she should have known better. Dominic would never go for a girl like her and she felt stupid for thinking he ever would. But this was too much. She had only witnessed the girl cheating on him yesterday and now she got burdened with the task of helping him pick out a fucking engagement ring?! Paris started rubbing her temples in a slow circular motion. She was beginning to get a headache just thinking about it.

She was so confused and angry. This all got thrown at her out of nowhere. First Dominic was dating a new girl every week being the playboy that everybody made him out to be. Then he finally settled down with Natalia. Now he's about to propose marriage to her? This really couldn't be happening right now. Paris ran her fingers through her wavy black hair and sighed. "She's cheating on you." She whispered to herself. Paris checked the time on her cellphone and saw that it was already 6:50am. After brushing her teeth and taking a quick shower, Paris found herself in her closet pondering on what to wear. Deciding she wanted to be comfortable, she settled for black skinny jeans, a white button up tunic, and a pair of black spiked loafers. Staring back at her reflection in the mirror Paris just decided on leaving her hair down and flowy with a rhinestone studded black headband in between her bangs and the rest of her hair. She slipped her glasses on her face and checked the time again. It was now 7:50am and she knew Dominc would probably arrive before 8:30.

Batman trailed after Paris as she made her way downstairs and into the kitchen. Paris poured some coffee into her silver thermos and grabbed a banana off the counter. She checked her purse and made sure her cellphone, iPad, and planner were all inside. Just as she zipped up everything her doorbell chimed. Slipping her bag on her arm she made her way to the door. Batman was hot on her heels and began whimpering when he realized she was leaving. Paris bent down and scratched the dog under his muzzle. "It's okay baby, mommy will be back before you know it." The dog barked back at her as if to say "bye." Paris just laughed to herself as she opened the front door and her breath caught in her throat. How could this man be so breathtaking all the damn time? It just wasn't normal. He was wearing a white henley shirt with khaki chinos and brown loafers. His blonde hair was swept up in that 'I don't care about anything' type of way and he had a pair of black Raybans covering his eyes. If it wasn't for the dark black shades Dominic had covering his eyes, Paris would have noticed how his blue eyes had turned a dark shade of grey as soon as she stepped into his vision and how he was practically eye fucking her just the same as she was doing to him.

The white tunic she had on hugged her breasts in the most delicious way. Her black jeans were snug around her hips and he could already tell they were tight around her plump ass. And he also noticed how fresh her face looked without a speck of makeup on. It was refreshing to see a natural face for once. Just a coat of clear lipgloss highlighted her full lips. Lips that he couldn't help but wonder how they would feel against his own. Dominic cleared his throat to stop his thoughts from going into a forbidden place. Paris let out the breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "Are you ready to go?" Paris hadn't missed how Dominic's voice had came out slightly scratchy and very husky. He almost sounded parched. Like he was in the Sahara and hadn't had a drink for days and she was the only one that could quench that thirst. Paris didn't trust her voice so she just shook her head yes.