Flock Together

Part 2 of Birds of a Feather (hehe)

———————————————————————————
"Hyung, how's the potion going?" Renjun asked as he stepping into the lab Doyoung was working in.

"It's good. It's just simple potion making not too complex." Doyoung said, showing Renjun the concoction he created. "What brings you here though, I thought your were working on your project."

"Well I was." Renjun said, a smirk on his face. "But then I ran into our favourite person."

"Lee Haechan." Doyoung said, rolling his eyes. "I still can't believe he played suck a dirty prank on us."

"Me neither." Renjun said with a pout. "So I was wondering, are you busy later? We need to do some major planning if we want to get him back good."

"I'm not busy but even if I was, I would clear my schedule for this. That boy makes my blood boil." Doyoung replied.

"Great, I'll see you later then, hyung!" Renjun said, happily marching out of Doyoung's lab.

...

Doyoung and Renjun were settled in a quiet corner of the Academy library when Jeno slid into a chair at their table. The two witches immediately looked up from the paper they were brainstorming with, taking the werewolf by surprise.

"Should I leave?" Jeno asked, slowly backing his chair up.

"No stay." Doyoung immediately said, not wanting his favourite dongsaeng to leave.

"Only if you can keep a secret." Renjun said, turning his head back to the paper.

"Who do you think I am? Chenle?" Jeno said with a smile as he scooted back to the table. "What are you two even doing?"

"Trying to get back at Haechan." Doyoung said, showing Jeno the idea they had in mind.

Jeno felt the two of them staring at him as he analyzed the paper. He bit his lower lip, not exactly knowing how to respond.

"Don't you think this is a little intense?" Jeno asked, eyeing the two.

Renjun shrugged his shoulders. "It's Haechan. He'll understand that it's a prank."

"Yeah, he stupid things like this all the time." Doyoung added.

Jeno was still unsure as he passed the paper back to the two.

"Well, best of luck."

...

Renjun couldn't help but think about what Jeno had said as he stared at the potion in front of him.

Whatever, Doyoung-hyung said it would only last 24 hours anyways.

"Yah, Renjeon-shi! Are you done yet?" Haechan called out from outside the kitchen.

"You know what, this boy really doesn't deserve my sympathy." Renjun muttered as he poured the whole potion into Haechan's cola before discarding the glass tube.

"Huang Renjeon!!!" Haechan called out again as Renjun picked up the two glasses, his filled with cider while Haechan's was a mix of the potion and cola.

"I'm coming, relax!" Renjun yelled back as he made his way to where Haechan was.

"About time, what took so long?" Haechan asked as Renjun placed the glasses down, sitting beside him.

"Someone put ginger ale where the cider normally was." Renjun lied as Haechan picked up his glass, taking a big gulp.

Renjun held his breath, wondering if the taste had changed but judging by Haechan's reaction, the phoenix didn't even notice.