Pleasant Surprise

Shotaro had ended up being right. With time, Aeri had soon found her place at the Academy.

Minjee was probably the closest female friend she had, the two often practicing spells together. Even though Minjee was a witch and Aeri was a wizard, she still gave Aeri lots of tips.

At first, Aeri found Minjee intimidating, being strong, smart, and pretty intimidating. She also found her boyfriend, Sungchan, pretty scary as well, towering over her. With time and Shotaro's help, the two opened up, and the four of them frequently hung out together.

"Aw, do you have to train today?" Aeri heard Minjee whine to her boyfriend, making the wizard chuckle. Despite her strong exterior, when it came to Sungchan, the girl was completely soft.

"It's in our schedule, you knew that I would be teaching the freshmen today since the beginning of the month." Sungchan told her, ruffling the witch's hair. "Anyways, I need to go so I'll see you later."

Sungchan gave the girl a quick peck before walking away, leaving Minjee with Aeri.

"What are your plans for today?" Minjee asked, turning to her. Aeri could feel Minjee narrowing her eyes as she stared at Aeri. "You're not going to ditch me for Shotaro, are you?"

Aeri chuckled. "No, he's busy with Yuta today."

"Great!" Minjee exclaimed, linking arms with Aeri. "Let's go to the café, I need something sweet to drink to counter my anger."

"Whoa, Minjee isn't going to the library to study?" Aeri joked, a smile on her face.

"Yah, I spend every day in the library, give me a break." Minjee said as they made their way to the exit of the school.

Soon the two girls were settled with their drinks in the café across the Academy, chatting about their classmates.

"I swear, whenever Naeun and Chenle laugh in class, I want to smack their heads until they shut up." Minjee complained as she aggressively swirled her straw. "So annoying."

"How was it like, training with them?" Aeri asked. "Didn't you do that for a long time when the agency was a thing."

"Yeah, it was so annoying as Hell." Minjee said before hesistating. "Actually, Hell is so much worse but if you want an idea of what it's like without going there, train with Naeun and Chenle."

Aeri giggled at Minjee's joke, enjoying the girl's presence. "Is being an assistant trainer hard? It seems difficult, dealing with the kids all the time."

"They're loud and obnoxious, that's for sure." Minjee told her. "But you get used to it. Why, want to join us?"

"Am I even allowed? I haven't been here for that long and I'm not sure if my skills are that good." Aeri said, not really sure.

"Hm, we should probably ask Taeyong, but I'm not sure why not." Minjee said with a smile. "Let's go after this."

"After this?!" Aeri exclaimed, making Minjee laugh.

"Yeah, he may be the ruler of the Supernatural World, but he's not that scary. I promise." Minjee said with a reassuring smile.

"If you say so." Aeri mumbled, sipping her latte.

...

"Hm, I don't see why not." Taeyong said to the two girls in front of him.

Like Minjee has said, she brought Aeri right to the ruler's office, knocking without a bit of hesitation. On the inside, Aeri was freaking out but luckily, Minjee did all the talking for her.