Mating Season Day 1

Day 1: Monday

         "Ugh!" was all I said as I slammed my pillow over my face to try to muffle the sound of my blaring alarm clock. I let it keep going and going and going I didn't take my head out from under my pillow until my dad came bursting through the door.

"Will you turn that damn thing off!?" I reached out with one hand and hit the snooze. I peaked under my pillow to glance at my dad, the pack's Alpha.

"There, it's off, happy now?" I said sarcastically.

"Yes. You need to get up and quickly get ready."

"Get ready for what?" My dad gave me a stern 'you know what' face.

"Today is the beginning of Mating Season Elle. You have to go out and try to find your mate." Although Eleanor is my name I prefer being calld Elle, it's less old fashioned.

"You mean it's the beginning of Major PDA week." For those who don't have mates or who are looking for one this is the most miserable week ever because they get all depressed and jealous because they don't have mates to get down and dirty with out in public for a whole week. "it's kind of disgusting dad."

"You won't think that once you find your mate." My dad said with a smirk on his face. I do not want to know what he is thinking about right now. I sat up in my bed holding my pillow in my lap.

"That may be true but I don't mind waiting for that to happen for a while. I'm only 18 dad and I have to finish my last year of high school hopefully at the top of my class and that won't happen if I'm drooling over some guy. I'll find him someday dad but it's not a priority right now." My dad strode over and sat down in front of me with a serious look on his face.

"Eleanor, you are going to run this pack someday and you'll need your mate by your side in order to do it. Not to mention your mother is dying to have grandkids." He offered a small smile.

"I'm actually second in line for Alpha dad. And you already have two grandkids" My dad stared hard at me. I forgot he hates talking about Charles.

"You already know why he can't be Alpha and they are no grandchildren of ours." He said. I sighed at him. Why won't he forgive Charles?

"Dad with the way you pushed him so hard what'd you expect him to do?" 

"What he did wasn't right, you know that. This discussion is over. Get dressed, we're all going to the plaza." He stood up and left my bedroom closing the door behind him. I rubbed my neck and sighed.

"Stubborn, prideful old man. Now I have to go the plaza aka Mating Season central." I grabbed a pair of jean shorts and a white v-neck and slipped on my black low-top converse. I didn't feel like getting all dolled up. I brushed my teeth in a hurry, snatched up my cell phone and walked out of my room and down the stairs. Luckily my family is very modest. We don't have a giant mansion or anything. Just a simple two story blue house with the typical white picket fence. As I descended the stairs I could hear my mom chatting excitedly to someone on her phone.

"Yeah, we're about to leave for the plaza now. You and Charlotte are pulling up there now? Oh how fun! Is she excited!? No? Eleanor is the same way. Okay...well...Mhmm I know that's what Richard and I keep telling her. Alright, see you there. Okay, bye!" I walked up next to my mom and leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Was that Marcy?" Marcy is Charlotte’s mom, in case you didn't figure that one out.

"Yes, it appears you are rubbing off on Charlotte." My mom looked over my outfit. "Honey couldn't you wear something more festive?" She gave me a disapproving look.