Chapter 35

Harry sits down next to me on the sofa and my body immediately tenses up. I have never had an important conversation like this before and I hate confrontation so I'm very on edge.

"Delaney I'm sorry." Harry's green eyes look into mine, filled with a look of remorse.

"Harry-"

"Let me explain please.' Harry politely interjects. 'Whenever Taylor sat down at the table I could tell you felt uncomfortable, maybe intimidated by her, and I myself felt uncomfortable. I felt like she wanted to get dirty details out of you and I didn't want the world to think of you badly. I lied about what you did for a living because- because..." Harry pauses in the middle of the sentence.

"Because you are embarassed of who I am." I quickly finish his sentence with my version of the truth.

"No Delaney that isn't true!" Harry raises his voice slightly.

"Don't lie because if you do I'm leaving, not that you would care or anything." I cross my arms across my chest to make Harry think I'm strong in this situation when really I could break down any second.

"I lied because I wanted her to like you. I wanted Taylor to like you Delaney and I was scared that if she knew that you were just a college student that she would win. That I couldn't do better than her ever again." I think if someone were to stab me in the chest where my heart is, it wouldn't hurt at all because my heart has been ripped out simply because of one sentence that just came out of Harry's mouth. He basically just told me that I am nothing compared to Taylor. But oddly enough why would compare me and her whenever they never dated so he says?

"I'm just a college student? Wow, you are so considerate of other people's feelings Harry. Thank you. Oh and I thought you said you never had sex with Taylor? You said that to me when I first came to the apartment in front of Niall remember? And apparently, you fuck random girls all the time, which you also said you don't do... so you are just a complete liar Harry Styles." I want to cry but at the same time I want to punch Harry straight in the nose right now.

Harry is silent. His silence says it all.

It's amazing how a little over 3 hours ago I thought I had everything going right in my life and then now, here am I, and I have lost that happiness so quickly. Harry let me down. All of the words in the world could not describe how I feel right now. Sorrow. Anger. Confusion. My brain is so confused that I don't even know what to think anymore.

"Delaney. I did have sex with Taylor, I did, and I did have sex with random girls quite frequently. But that was the old me. You might think it is cliche or a lie but you have changed me in the matter of days Delaney. I have never felt this way before in my life. I'm not very good at telling people how I feel or apolizging, for that matter, and I know I hurt you, I'm sorry. I don't want to lose you over something like this. When you walked out of the restaurant, I ran after you but I needed to go back in. I went back to our table and I told Taylor who you really were and I told her that you were the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You are the only one I want. Taylor and those other girls don't even compare to you. They were just distraction and now I have you. I have you and I want it to stay that way."

"Harry I'm sorry I wish I could believe you, I truly do but everything you have ever said to me since I have met you has been a lie. About Taylor, about the girls... you told Niall I was going to have sex with you. He told me. I thought I made it very clear that I wasn't-"

"What are you talking about?" Harry's voice is stern.

"After we got home from the club opening, I went downstairs to call my mom and after Niall said to me 'Don't make to much noise' and I said 'I'm sleeping in the guest room' and then Niall said 'Does Harry know that?' If that doesn't mean you thought I was going to have sex with you then I don't know what does." How could Harry be lying to my face again?

"Delaney I never said anything to Niall, I didn't even think that myself. I respect you too much. Niall is such a bastard. He is into you and is trying to sabotage our relationship."

"The only person sabotaging our 'relationship' is you." I stand up from the sofa and walk into the kitchen. My mom always told me that a moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret. I don't want to lose Harry, how could I? He is the defintion of perfection but I also don't want him to think that I'm such dumbass that will believe anything he says. I believe 99% of what he just said, I knew he wouldn't lie to me the moment he walked into the room but I want him to fight for my respect. I'm not some stupid girl that will fall back into Harry's arm but if I believe he is being honest why would I throw our relationship all away? I want to see him really, really try to win me back, so I can truly see how much he cares about me and his true intentions. If he follows me into the kitchen and tries to explain himself again and repeats himself than I know he is truly sorry and then, and only then, will I accept his apology.

I sit down at the white countertop, sitting up straight, waiting patiently to see what Harry's next move is. I'm not facing him but I can see movement in the corner of my eye. I can't help but smirk to myself. Harry's lengthy body comes into my line of vision and he stands on the other side of the counter right in front of me. His large hands are placed firmly on the counter and I notice how his shoulders are rolled over so he is hunched over a little. He looks apprehensive.

"Delaney I'm sorry and I know you shouldn't forgive me and I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but I need you. I have changed me for the better. I'm going to be honest, I was a manwhore, I was trying to pass the time with meaningless sex. It was meaningless because I never had true feelings for them, I didn't feel the way I do when I see you smile or when you even breathe. I want the world to know your mine, I do, I want them to know the real you. I'm sorry Delaney, I truly am." Harry runs his fingers through his hair as he finished pouring his heart out to me.

I was hoping he would do that.