In the begining...

'Come on or I'm going to miss the train, or was that your plan all along?' I said dragging my mum to platforms 9 and 10.

'I'd never do such a thing' She snorted winking at me as she dragged me now through the barrier to platform 9¾. I stared in wonder at the red steam engine, this was it. Time to learn magic like mum had all those years and our ancestors before that. Every member of my family without fail had been placed in Ravenclaw. My mum had raised me alone after my father died just months before I was born and had decided that in her amazing style and flare that I would take her name rather than his. My father, Ted Lashley was apparently a very kind man with a big heart. Mum always welled up when talking about him. But it might be the dominant genes in my mothers side of the family that explain why I am the spitting image of my mother, Runa Merlin. I had long honey blonde hair that fell at my waist, she'd never had the heart to cut it, in thick waves, bright blue eyes that were almost crystal clear and I was incredibly small for an 11 year old I was told. But that didn't matter anymore. I was off to Hogwarts, and was beyond excited to prove myself in the family of Merlin.

'Good luck, i'm sure you'll do great, and remember, it's our little secret' Mum said into my ear as she hugged me goodbye.

'I'll miss you, I'll Owl you every week' I said, hugging her tight.

'Go, have fun! I'll look out for Owlvis, I still can't believe you called him that' She shouted the last line as I boarded the Hogwarts Express. I waved as she could no longer hear me and set out in hope of a carriage. And luck had seemed to be on my side as I found an empty compartment near the front, I placed Owlvis on the seat next to me and pulled out my transfiguration book burying my nose in it. I was curious to learn about my abilities in it but I couldn't find any reading on animagi. Which is what I was. An unregistered and undefined animagus. Which meant I could turn into any animal or beast magical or not at will. I had mastered it by the time I was 7 ready for when I'd inevitably come to Hogwarts.

'Can we sit here too? Sorry most of the other carriages are full' A red headed girl who looked to be my age and a boy with longer jet black hair sat down as I nodded. 'I'm Lily and this is Severus.'

'I'm Eira, Eira Merlin' I smiled and her jaw dropped with his.

'I've read about the Merlin family, you're supposed to all be really powerful' She gushed and I nodded.

'Ever a member of my family has been in Ravenclaw' I said and she nodded.

'Ravenclaw? More like Ravenbore' A curly haired boy snorted sitting himself and his friend down arrogantly in our carriage.

'Now Gryffindor, that's where it's at isn't it Sirius' Said the boy again and his friend shrugged.

'All of my family has been in Slytherin.'

'You're a Black aren't you' I said and he nodded.

'And you are?' The other boy asked, looking at Lily.

'I'm Lily and this is Severus and Eira' She said her head held high.

'Well Lily Flower I'm James Potter.'

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 'Oh one day I'm going to marry her' James Potter said dreamily as she stormed out of the carriage. I rolled my eyes at the boy and went back to my textbook. Owlvis hooted from his cage happily as he looked out at the moving country side.

'Nice Owl' Sirius said and I looked up at the two boys.

'Um thanks' I said awkwardly.

'We never got your surname by the way' James said and i rolled my eyes again.

'It doesn't matter' I said shrugging at him and they both smiled.

'Want to be friends?' James asked and I sighed.

'You're not going to leave me alone if I say yes or no are you?' I asked staring at the two who were already thick as thieves.

'If you say yes we'll probably bother you less' Sirius grinned.

'Fine' I groaned glaring at the two boys who I hoped would leave me alone once I was sorted into Ravenclaw and away from them.

'So do you like pranks?' 

Well, it's been a while. I'm back for good this time and finally I've got one I'm going to finish. It may be a while between updates due to the busy nature of the industry I work in especially this time of the year, Merry Christmas guys, but they will come and I seriously hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I am writing it. All the best -ShedSomeLight