2

Marie's pov:
The plain right was kind of strange. Bella and Alice have been arguing about how they are going to handle the situation there. Alice still thinks it would be best for me to wait for them at the airport in Italy while they handle everything. She thinks it would be way safer for me this way as if I come along with them. Bella on the other hand is adamant of not leaving me alone which I am more than thankful for.
„I can't guarantee that they will let her live after seeing them. We don't even know if they will let you live afterwards. No human is allowed to know about our existence." Alice whispers towards bella in hope that I won't hear her. They think I have fallen asleep shortly after the takeoff but I am not. Way to afraid of what might happen in Italy as well as too confused of what I heard till now.
„I know that Alice! Don't think I am too dumb to understand, but I can't leave my sister alone after what has happened to her the last time she was somewhere alone." I hear bella answer her and that reminder seems to even shut up Alice. Not long after the pilot informs us that we are going to land shortly. Feeling someone shaking my shoulder softly I reopen my eyes again only to see my sisters soft brown eyes boring into mine.
„We are about to Land." she informs me with a smile that doesn't really look real but she at least try's to for my benefit.
„Where are we even going afterwards?" I ask the two girls for the first time. Since now I only get told that we will fly to Italy but not once where to exactly.
„Volterra. It's a pretty old town with a huge castle and a clocktower. That's where Edward is going to be." Alice answers and even smiles softly at me. Ever since she has frightened me back at home she try's to get back on my good side, which I don't think will happen that quickly.
„Have you called him? I mean shouldn't a call of been enough to assure him that bella is still alive?" I ask the question that has been turning in my head for a pretty long time. They both grinch slightly before they both simultaneously shake their heads.
„He only would think I am lying or that I got someone else with a similar voice like Bella talking instead of her. He needs to see her for himself." Alice explains with a sad sigh. Still not really understanding this statement I simply nod. We are already in Italy now anyway.
„Wait out front for me while I get us a car." Alice says and runs off in another direction. Bella still is holding my hand in hers as she walks towards the exit. Her hand slightly shaking in fear for the man that she still loves even after what he had put her through.
„Why do you do it? After what he has done I don't think i would fly to the other side of the world for him." i ask her interested. Honestly not getting why she would do it.
„Because I love him. I know it's absolutely dumb to feel like that after everything, but it's the truth. And while he might not care for me anymore, I can't allow him to kill himself because he feels guilty for something that never even happened. I mean, I still am alive, so it would be heartless to allow him to kill himself because he thinks he is the reason I killed myself." she answers me softly as she stops outside of the airport to wait for Alice. Slowly I nod along with her explanation, it does make kind of sense if I think about it.
„So we make sure he sees you and than we fly back to Forks while he goes back to wherever he has been living since he left our town?" I question. Not really able to believe that my sister would be able to see him leave yet again. The last time it nearly took dad and I two months to get her back to healthy. Her eyes seem uncertain but her head nods at me in reply. Well, let's hope this won't send her back into her depressed state again or I might kill Edward for it myself.
„Alright get in you two!" Alice instructs us from a bright yellow Porsche. Carefully I open the door before closing it again, afraid I might ruin the really expensive looking car.
„I am guessing you borrowed the car from someone?" bella asks her from the front seat.
„Something like that." Alice answers her and drives off way faster than the allowed speed limit!
„You guys better buckle up." she says after looking at the both of us. Rolling my eyes at her statement, as if I haven't been trying to do just that ever since I took a seat! It however isn't easy if a maniac is driving and you need both of your hands to hold onto something as to not get thrown around! When we get on a straight street I finally am able to buckle my seatbelt. Seeing bella doing the same makes me feel a bit better and less embarrassed for not being able to do so earlier.
„When we get there you need to run through the crowd and towards the clock tower bella. If he sees Marie or I Before you he will only think we will stop him and hurry even more." Alice instructs bella as we came into a small looking city. There are everywhere people wearing red capes.
„Why are they all dressed in red capes?" I ask since I find that rather strange.
„It's there festival." Alice reply's and try's to get us to the square in front of the clock tower where Edward is supposed to be.
„You won't leave her side Alice! Promise me!" bella says matter of factly. To my surprise Alice right away agrees to it and only a second later Bella jumps out of the car to run to the old tower.
„I am going to park the car and then we go after her Marie." Alice says since she sees my eyes widen at the realization that my sister left. Nodding my head slowly, trying to stay as calm as possible. Alice promised my sister to not leave my side, so I am hoping that she will do just that.
„Alright, let's walk there now too. Are you ready?" she asks me after parking the car only a street away from the large crowd. I take a deep breath before exiting the car, not at all a fan of crowds nor places I don't know.
„Just hold my hand. I won't leave your side, on?" Alice asks me with a soothing smile. So with one more deep breaths I take her hand and she starts to lead the way to where my sister and her brother should be now.