Fourteen • Sign-Up

☞︎︎︎Word Count: 1311☜︎︎

"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑢𝑠𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑓𝑢𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑖𝑡." 𝐻𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑙𝑖𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑝𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑜𝑓 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑚𝑒.

"𝐿𝑒𝑡'𝑠 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑦 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡."

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

For two hours I've been playing card games. That and learning about nen, and my mother. Her name was Hana Sakai.

Hana meant flower so I guess she wanted my name similar. Hisoka told me that after I was born a Sakura flower flew into the window.

It landed on my head, and she made my name officially a flower. She even had things to give me.

Then I learned I'm not an only child. I had a brother, a twin brother. All Hisoka knew about him was that he was alive and wasn't given the blessing and power from my mom.

Not because my mom didn't love him. Mom just knew I wasn't going to be the kind to stay out of trouble. He was dropped from the Zoldyck's but he was taken in. I wasn't.

I have no idea where he is and I'm guessing he doesn't know about me. Unless Illumi was to tell him about the Spiders too.

Hisoka and I ended up playing go fish. Up until I heard the elevator open. My head snapped in that direction.

Sure enough, my best friends exited. I wasn't ready when Hisoka released his nen, being that I was still in the hall.

Gon and Killua we're ready, getting through quicker and safer than the last time. Making it to the end. All Hisoka did when they passed was stand up and walk away.

I expected him to say something but he looked at me like I was stopping him. Ignoring that I followed Gon and Killua to the reception desk. Where 3 creepy guys watched us.

Killua noticed them watching and questioned them. "What are you staring at?" He said it with an attitude. They said they wanted to fight, so we signed up.

Well, the boys did. I didn't necessarily wanna fight yet. I'll sign up when the guys go away. I didn't want to fight any of them.

It was stupid how they try to underestimate us. We all knew the basics and we had physical strength.

I could tell Gon was hyped in his own way. I think he wanted to feel the rush of a fight. I don't blame him, I liked challenges.

I seem to get that from my dad. Gon signed up to fight the one who called himself Gido. Killua was going to fight either the dude named Sadaso or Riehlvelt.

After they were done I whispered to the lady I'll be back when they were gone. She accepted with a slightly unnoticeable nod.

Smiling at her and followed the boys away. Looking for our rooms. We all enter the same room, and I followed. I didn't feel like looking for my room yet.

When we walked into the room it was huge. By far the most beautiful room I have ever seen.

I never had enough money to come close to staying in a beautiful hotel. They were usually run down or dirty. I never minded, I'd just clean it up the best way I could.

Though sometimes there are spots I'd never want to touch. But this place is far from that. I looked outside the window. It was beautiful outside. This place might as well belong in a movie.

Killua walked up next to me. His hands are in his pockets. "We were wondering about your past." Just diving right into the water. Gon started waving to signal Killua but it didn't work.

"Killua! You can't just bring that up!" I chuckled a little and turned around. I didn't mind. Sitting down on the end of the bed I assured him it was fine.

"It's okay Gon. It's not bad." They settled down letting me know they were listening.

"I probably should've died when Killua's parents got rid of me. I knew basic words and how to walk and I managed to walk down the whole mountain." Really should've died.

"I walked towards noise, into a little town. Found by a bar owner who raised me till I was 8. When I thanked him for everything and walked away. Planning to pay him for his help."

I appreciated him. "I got a job because I didn't have a family, and was living in an abandoned building with a stray cat." The cat was the only friend I had.

"Saving enough money I went back to the bar owner. All to find out he died from a robbery. I lost the man who was the only father figure I had."

I smiled sadly, keeping my head down. Gon sat next to me.

"I went to his grave and buried the money with him. The town knew I was close and I didn't care if he was gone. He deserved the money. Sometimes I wonder if I stayed he'd still be alive." I didn't wonder, I knew.

"I was back up, or a bodyguard. I could be really scary if I wanted." I always had an evil look in my eyes when I was younger, a look that could kill. No one dared to rob him with me there.

"Finding who killed them, I paid a visit. Killing my first people. After they were dead I went back to my building. Hoping to spend time with the one thing I had left. All to find my cat gone."

It was terrifying. Losing the one thing I had. "So I went to the lady I used to work for. She took my cat after the killers ended up dead. Knowing I did it, and if I got caught she wanted to keep the cat cared for."

I named her Poppy. Flower names ran in the family. "It was a few years later when I was 11. I made it to a new town. A man walked toward me handing me a paper." The man held no emotion.

"It said 'Your father will be at the 287th Hunter Exam.' The second the paper hit my hands the man was dead. I didn't know why and I didn't know what a hunter exam was."

The amount of research I had to do. All to find out was a lot of work. "The next few months I went and the rest you know."

I was glad I cared to find my father. I never would have met them. Gon hugged me and Killua asked another question. "Where's the kitten now?"

"She's still with the lady." I told her I might come back. I wasn't sure. He hugged me next.

I hugged them both back. I don't think I could ask for a better place to be. I stood up telling them I was going to bed. In reality, I was just going to cry.

I didn't want to, cause it was a bad past. Just a big one. I just didn't care to talk about it. When the bar owner died I was truly broken from it. He gave me the best life he could give me.

He helped me become who I was. When I left I let the tears fall. Emotionally I was weak. I had a soft heart for people. My head was on the ground and ran right into a chest.

Looking up I saw Hisoka. He seemed confused and I quickly wiped my eyes. "I'm fine." I wanted to stop him before he opened his mouth. I hugged him. I wanted comfort.

He was shocked but put a hand on my head. "Can we have a sleepover?" I mumbled. He gave a small chuckle and patted my head.

"Sure why not." I smiled as I followed him. I was definitely going to paint his nails. I always wanted to the first time I saw his hands. I didn't know what color to use yet, but I will figure it out.

✈︎Posting during English since I have nothing to do