Eight • The Plan

☞︎︎︎Word Count: 1629☜︎︎︎

𝐻𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒. "𝐺𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡." 𝐼 ℎ𝑢𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐾𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑢𝑎 𝑠𝑜 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑡. 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝐺𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑢𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑙𝑙𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓𝑓. 𝑂𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑚𝑒 𝑎 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑒. 𝐶𝑜𝑜𝑙.

𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 2 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑒𝑠 𝐼 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑎 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑙𝑖𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒. 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒. 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑒𝑥𝑐𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐺𝑜𝑛 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒. 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠, 𝑤𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑛. 𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝐼 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑒𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐻𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑘𝑎.

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

Gon has been trying to come up with how he'd get Hisoka's badge. Ever since he got off the boat. He knew how others got it. When we saw this one dude with a hat shot at another guy.

That the guy didn't miss, all he has to do was cut him to paralyze him. To Gon that was a lightbulb. All he had to do was grab the tag when Hisoka wasn't paying attention. Gon was going to grab the tag when he went for a target.

He practiced with apples, then realized they had to be moving. Just like Hisoka will be. We moved to a pond. Starting to go for birds. When they go after a fish he'll grab them. Putting little pieces of something on the ends so they don't hurt the bird.

He was busy while I felt someone watching us. They weren't a threat since they weren't coming after us, so I laid back. He was practicing for hours and his hands were red.

"Hey, Gon. Can I show you something?" Trying to get him a break. He plopped down in front of me.

"Sure Sakura!" I grabbed his hands doing what I did with Killua a few days back. A green butterfly flew out of his hands and onto his nose. "Whoa, how'd you do that?!"

He grabbed the butterfly and it sat on his finger. I cupped it throwing it up in the air. Petals spelled his name. "I don't know really. I guess I inherited it from my father." He looked at me tilting his head.

"Do you know him?" He asked and I nodded. I asked him the same thing and he shook his head. "My dad became a Hunter when he was 12. I wanted to take the Hunter Exam to see why he left me to become a Hunter!"

He didn't sound upset about it. Instead, he sounded happy.  Whoever raised him deserves a ton. I leaned back again. I wonder if I could tell him about Hisoka.

"Gon?" He answered with a hum. "If I tell you who my father is do you promise not to tell anyone?" He nodded.

"Not even Killua. I want to tell him myself." I added, he nodded again. Though he was confused now. "It's your target." I whispered. Someone was watching and I didn't want them to hear.

"No way your dad's H-" I threw myself forward covering his mouth. "Yeah, yeah it's him." He laughed scratching his head. He was apologizing without words.