⬜ 2

Listen to Mirror by Ider

Jare's POV
     "Veronica!" My mom said hitting my legs as I belligerently refused to wake up. I knew it was morning but gosh, it just started another day of my troubles.

"Lazy girl. You better get up before I bring omorogun." She said trying to scare me.

I got up angrily but mind you, I didn't forget to do the necessary, joining in morning devotion which took forever and greeting my parents.

After the necessaries, I took my bath and found out that my mom had kept a blue coral dress on the bed for me.

"Wear this.... You are resuming at St Coral highschool today." She said and immediately left the room.

Wait... Saint Coral?

Saint Coral highschool was the best boarding secondary school in the whole of Abuja. Where did my parents get the money from for school fees?

My father, Ojo Williams was a personal assistant to a the Governor  of my state and my mom was a nurse at a general hospital in a rural area called, Abaji. Their money would never be able to sponsor me throughout my remaining years in that kind of private school.

  I wore the dress quietly and gazed at the mirror.

I'm so ugly!

I was ugly. Very ugly and sometimes I feel very inferior. I remember once when I was in my previous school in Ikeja. My classmates called me "sogbè" meaning dry skin and they called me lengelenge must break. I saw my self laughing as I tried to make the dress stick to my waist to show my small 'curves' but damn! I was so straight and thin like a pencil.

My hair had been plaited into all back and base, so I saw no reason to style it.

"If you like spend ten million years dressing up so gbó (you hear?) " My mom said behind the door.

I quickly brushed my hair and rubbed white powder on my face.

Random Jare. I sighed. For a long time now my wish was to get richer and yes have a very good body figure- wide curves and big boobs but I dare not think out loud for my parents will kill me.

We had cornflakes for breakfast even though I and my sister grumbled that we weren't satisfied.

Rachael had just finished writing JAMB exams so she had to wait at home till she finds admission into University of Ibadan. She too was surprised when she heard I would be attending SCHS.

"Mummy..." She said as we finished eating.

"Yes òkò mi ^" My mom replied.

"Why didn't I attend a school like Saint Coral despite I was very brilliant?"

My mom frowned at her and hissed. "Instead of you to be praying to God that you get admission soon you are there asking jamb question."

I almost laughed as my sister rolled her eyes and shrugged.

Serves her right.

For a reason unknown to me, I enjoyed seeing my mom "disgracing" my sister. Rachael was too perfect for my liking.

After everything had been set up, I entered my dad's Camry. That was one of the things I could boast of about my parents.
   There was something odd about my parents today. My dad was putting on a suit when it wasn't Sunday and my mom was wearing her expensive iro ati buba. I guess it was the price they had to pay for taking me to a rich man school.

From the look on their faces, it looked as if they had just had an argument before we entered the car. They were both talking to eachother in incoherent voices which ended up with my mom hissing at every slight opportunity. My dad only shrugged as he turned louder the music he was playing in the car.

"Oniranu." My mom hissed as we finally got to our destination. I rolled my eyes as we got down from the car. My parents didn't even respect the fact that I was there with them. It had always been like that since I was born and my presence wasn't going to change anything.

"Good morning sir and ma'am." The principal who I later knew was called Mr Murphy shook my parents hand and we had our seats.
  Mr Murphy was clad in an expensive blue suit and bow tie which my dad's couldn't be compared to. He looked like he was an half caste or someone from another developed country. He was obviously in his mid forties and that was pretty too impressive as he was the principal of such a school.

"Who's this little lady you brought here." He said signifying my presence.

"I'm Jare-"

"She's Veronica Williams..." My mom cut in sharply and I shrugged.

What's up with her?

   I hated the name Veronica. It had never added a symbol to my lifestyle. I preferred being called Jarey not my "first impression name" My mom gave me a hard look and turned away.

"Érón òko."^ My mom grunted.

"So how old are you young lady?" He asked.

"Thirteen and half."

After a short discussion I was a formal student of Saint Coral. Mr Murphy told m

________________________________

Heyo! Jarey is going to a new school... Think her life would be a mess or not pls comment......

And if you think Rachael is more better than Jarey pls 💌💌💌💌💌

Time up! Gotta go.
🕒🕒🕒🕒