eight

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MYLA VELLA

Remy invited me back to hers after our shifts at the alley, it was back round to Friday and I had nothing better to do. Concerned whether or not Aria would be there and if she would rip out my hair. But Remy told me that Aria has distanced herself from them completely and that she wouldn't be coming. I wouldn't be surprised if she turned up and started shouting left, right and centre.

As we enter the shed, loud music surrounds us instantly. Zack, Carter, Emily and Jake were sat around the table playing some kind of card game.

"Hey Myla," Carter greets me welcomingly.

"Hey guys," I wave and they all smile, excluding Jake who attempts to look away.

"Come sit," Emily says as she pats the chair beside her. "The boys are teaching me how to play shithead."

"Sounds fun," I laugh as I pull off my coat and yank down the sleeves of my jumper, covering my hands.

"You played?" Zack flexes an eyebrow at me as he shuffles the cards between his hands.

I hum. "Yeah I know how to play,"

"Great news," he huffs out. "Can you explain it in simple terms to Emily because I know she won't get it if I explain."

"Hey!" Emily shouts sounding offended.

"Em you know it's true," Jake grumbles. "So just listen to Myla."

I explain the game in the simplest terms I could, Emily still didn't get it. Which just ended up with us playing red or black. The boys weren't too pleased but they were getting stoned by the second, so in the end they didn't really care.

Everyone drinks and this time no one kicks me for not, I felt relaxed for once.

"I love it here," Emily mumbles from beside me on the couch. She was wasted, her eyes red and her words slightly slurred.

"Yeah it's nice here," I agree.

"No," she pushes herself up and turns herself to me. "That's not what I mean."

I shrug simply at her for her to carry one and she does, her finger slightly pointing at me. "Being here means you can be what you want, if you wanna drink you drink, if you wanna smoke you smoke. If you want to get so fucked you can't see, no one will judge you. This is our place, you know?"

My throat hums at her words. "A place for you to belong?"

Emily's eyes widen slightly and she nods. "Yes, yes that's exactly it,"

"Were you guys friends in high school?"

"Yeah," she tells me. "We were all so close but we fucking hated school. It was full of stuck up bitchy girls and bullies, it was a toxic place. Some parties would end up in fights, people were getting spiked. It was messy. I'm glad it's over."

"Couldn't agree more," I breathe out.

Emily smiles at me for a moment. "You're not like other girls,"

"How'd you mean?"

"You just feel real,"

"I'll take that as a compliment," I laugh slightly.

"You should," she nods once before grabbing her drink. "Most people around this town pretend to be people they're not, to follow the crowds and be sheep. You feel very authentic. I like your fashion sense."