𝘵𝘸𝘰

a/n: sorry there are so many time jumps in this chapter, and its a little boring but stuff will happen soon i promise

keep in mind i do not live in london, so i may get some information wrong

It has been around a week since the two boys were paired together. The next day was the train ride to London.

Neither of the boys were happy about their situation. Harry was worried Malfoy would try to pull something. Maybe make him purposely fail, annoy him, be rude. There was the one flicker of hope in him that believed Hermione was right about him having changed,  but realistically that was too much to ask for.

Draco was fuming. He knew that being with Harry for a week  would crush him. Not only his facade, but the feelings underneath too. A part of him was a little excited, maybe it wouldn't go too bad and he and Harry would turn out as friends. However, this was also too much to ask for.

Harry was in his dorm, packing up the last of his things. Ron was pacing around the room.

"This is a nightmare! We aren't going to come back in one piece." Ron complained. "You and Malfoy are going to end up killing each other, and Zabini is just going to be an annoying slimy git like he always is!"

"Ron, it's okay. We'll be fine. It's just one week, I'm sure we can make it through." Harry assured him.

Ron let out a frustrated sigh. As Harry closed his trunk, there was a knock at their door.

"It's Hermione! The train is leaving soon, come on!" she said impatiently.

"Coming, 'Mione!" Harry shouted.

With their trunks in hand, the two boys left the dorm to meet Hermione and head their way to the train.

~

Draco, Blaise and Pansy arrived at the train early and sat in their own compartment.

"Draco, you'll be fine." Pansy tried to comfort Draco, who was quietly freaking out.

Draco turned his head to look out of the window. The rest of the eighth years were trickling out of the building and coming towards the train. "Shit, everyone's coming. This whole trip is going to be fu-"

Blaise slapped him on the arm to interrupt. "If you don't calm down, you're going to make a fool of yourself."

"Okay, okay. I'm calm." Draco whispered frantically. Both Pansy and Blaise narrowed their eyes, clearly unconvinced, but decided to leave it alone.

They sat silently as students started stepping on the train. Many threw nasty glances at the three, or tried steering clear of them. They were used to it, though. They didn't mind anymore.

Then, Draco spotted the golden trio walking on the train. He drew in a sharp breath and looked down. They walked closer and closer, and to Draco's surprise, they sat in the compartment across from theirs. Draco didn't dare lift his eyes. Soon, the train started moving and went in the familiar direction back to London.

Around halfway through the train ride, Professor Cynthia's voice was played like a loud speaker throughout the train. "We will be arriving to King's Cross soon! We will take a bus to our hotel, then you may get settled in and get a goods nights rest. In the morning, we will be visiting a museum.

Later in the day, we'll come back to hangout and finish our first assignment, which I will be giving to you at the museum." she concluded.

Students murmured and talked, but Draco just sunk in his seat knowing that a dreadful week with the boy that was ruining him was nearing.