29

We ended up back at school the same day. We had to be there for classes on Monday though I'm sure Draco will be pulled away later on in the week...

I might have to go too.

When we got back I was quick to put on some fresh clothes that weren't black and find Daphne. I walked over to the door and as I was reaching for the handle I was interrupted.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked sitting on the side of the bed.

"Find Daphne.." I said softly. I'm sure he knew who Astoria was and I could confirm with him but I'd rather talk to her. Maybe she accidentally said something about our conversation to her.

"Oh. Okay" he leaned his elbows onto his knees "Can I ask you something first?" I stepped away from the door and looked at him as he looked at the floor.

"Course. What is it?" I walked in front of him and he looked up at me.

"Would you have.. done that" he pointed at my arm that will now always be covered by long sleeves. "If your mothers life weren't on the line? If he had just threatened to make me marry Astoria instead?" I saw his Adam's apple bob in his throat.

"Yeah" I said without hesitation. He looked at me surprised.

"Why though? I'm not worth it" he looked away from me but I could see sadness in his eyes. I put my hands on his shoulders.

"Draco the only way I wouldn't have is if you straight up told me you wanted to get out of our marriage. But then you'd be thrown into a new one right away.."

"I never wanted an arranged marriage. I mean neither of us did." He let out a small chuckle. "But I feel like I got lucky with you. It could have been so much worse. Could have been Astoria. I just feel like .. I could.. I am.." He stopped talking and just looked at me. wrapping his arms around my legs and pulling me closer. The way he was looking at me felt... different.

"What?" I gave him a small smile.

"Nothing. I'm just glad it's you" I moved one of my hands from his shoulder to his cheek. I leaned down and rested my forehead on his.

"You're worth it" I whispered. He let out a small breath and smiled before I gave him a kiss on his forehead. "I'll be back" I pulled out of his grip slowly and made my way to the door  

"Don't be long" he called after me. I just rolled my eyes and left, trying to remember which room was Daphne's, and hoping she was in there.

After knocking on the door I believed to be hers I crossed my fingers. I heard footsteps come closer when it opened it was her. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Y/n is everything okay?" She had a look of concern on her face. Probably after what she saw just yesterday.

"Can we talk?" She looked over her shoulder, I could hear Pansy's voice in the background.

"Not here. Common room?" I looked at her wary.

"We'll go back to my room." I said grabbing her hand and leading her to Draco and I's room. When I opened the door I saw Draco pretty much right where I left him fiddling with something in his hands. His head whipped toward Daphne and I as we entered. Putting whatever he had in his pocket. We stared at each other for a moment before his gaze became knowing.

"I'll go to the common room" he said with a smirk. "Daphne" he nodded towards her.

"Draco, barely see you any more. Not trying to avoid me are you?" She joked he let out a small laugh.

"Well every time I see you it seems to be girl time" he nodded to me I rolled my eyes as he walked by us.

"I'll come get you when we're done. Then we can go to dinner." He nodded before closing the door behind him.