ONE

Year 2018

I cracked my neck to side and rolled it slowly to relieve some pain. Tell me again why I decided to study medicine and become doctor. It was draining life out of me totally.

"Kang Jia"

I cringed at the loud voice and shut my eyes tightly before tilting my head to glance at my senior doctor, Ray. He gave me judging stares and I knew why, because I was leaving before time yet again but I was tired. Why couldn't he understand that?

"I'm tired" I whined and slumped my shoulder to prove my point but he still stared at me with those small judging eyes.

"There are still 15 minutes left" he said and I resisted myself from rolling my eyes.

"Fine" I smiled sweetly and he nodded before walking ahead as I followed him like a dead soul.

Being a doctor wasn't fun at all. 6 years in medical college and now residency for getting my specialization in my choice of branch that is - Cardiothoracic surgeon. I was in my first year of residency and 2 years were more, I was confident I was getting out of here dead.

Sigh.

The loud buzzing of my phone startled me as I jumped on my place and Ray gave me a look of warning over his shoulder. I seriously was considering murdering this guy in his sleep but dammit my vows!

I excused myself for a moment and fumbled with my phone in pocket. My lips curved into a smile when I saw the caller ID - Jung Hana.

"Hey bitch" I pressed my phone over my ear and twirled around like a princess. I was already feeling bad for not attending her birthday party today, but I couldn't help it. Hospital work came first.

"Jia, it's Sehun" the voice from other side said and I stopped all my activities to listen to my best friend's boyfriend. Why was he using her phone?

"Is everything alright?" I asked, worried as I went to my table and started collecting my things. Was she fine? Did he hurt her again?

"She's fine. It's just that I'm planning a special birthday party for her and I need your help" he said in hushed voice and I slumped down on my chair. Seriously Oh Sehun?

"You do know that I'm a doctor you fool" I scolded him "You almost gave me a heart attack few minutes ago" I grumbled, annoyed.

"First - You're a residential doctor, second - You can't have heart attack with my voice. My voice is sweet as honey" he replied, sarcastically and I snickered.

"Do you want me to make you remember that time when the only words you used to sing was - E X O" I asked sweetly and heard him sigh in defeat. I recently got into fandom because of Hana, and I knew some things about EXO. I won't deny that Sehun was a talented singer and dancer, but I couldn't help but tease him whenever I could.

"You won" he snorted and I blinked as a mischievous grin came across my face "I don't get why my girlfriend is best friends with you. You're not nice at all" he huffed.

"May be because her taste in friends is good" I twirled a strand of my hair in between my fingers "But I can't tell the same thing about her taste in her relationship" I muttered.