#19: The final straw

Start from the beginning

Maybe for the rest of my whole, entire life.

"Are you already learning your lesson Hayoon?" Ella joined in. "I can see that you're enjoying your experience so far, am I right?"

She looked down at my most miserable state. "AM I RIGHT HAYOON?! SUFFER YOU B*TCH!"

I guess she was sucked up hearing me muffle words in reply so she finally decided to get rid of the duct tape from my mouth. She told her minions to stop and they soon obeyed and backed off. She shot me an intense glare before cueing me to speak.

"What is this even for? J-Just to get the man you like? Do you really love Mingyu or his fame? H-His money?" I shouted in pure anger.

"WHAT?!-"

"NO!" She tried to hold back tears. "No, that's not it."

"I don't care about his fame, money, and whatever expensive he owns. I just want him to remember what we were supposed to be like in the past... I want him to remember how he was the angel who helped me throughout my CHILDHOOD-"

"Then why do this? Why tie me up and give me more severe trauma? Why just approach him and talk?" I asked in a calmer tone, giving my vocal cords a rest for God's sake.

"I did." She replied.

"But he kept refusing that he knows me, even how much evidence I bring that I show him. He still chooses to avoid me and treat me like I was invisible, even if I wasn't." She looked and glared at me.

"And I think you and your best friend are the reason for it."

I looked at her in pure horror while she gave me a final look before pulling something out of her pocket. I slowly eyed her hand when I felt my stomach drop to the surface. I can't do anything but panic and remember the similar situation I got in with that now-dead-man some many months ago.

"E-Ella... please d-don't do this... I-I'm begging you!" I cried again.

"Um... E-Ella? Don't you think you're taking this too far?" One of her friends approached her.

"Y-Yeah! This isn't even part of the plan you told us about! We don't want to be involved with a high school murder!" The other one did too.

"SHUT UP! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET HIM BACK! LET ME GO!" She shouted as she shrugged them off.

As she lifted her silver wooden folding knife through the air, I hid my face behind and waited for the expected. I closed my eyes shut and didn't bother to think of any worthing last words to say. I already felt my death getting closer to me-

until someone stopped it from happening.

"YAH! CHA ELLA!" A raging voice burst in.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! YOU... YOU B*TCH!" He stormed in and ran to my aid.

"S-Sunbaenim! It's not what it looks like- I- No!-"

"What are you thinking? Killing her for good?! YOU'RE CRAZY!" He yelled one last time.

"Sunbae you really don't need to do this-"

"This is the final straw for you, Ella."

He got up from beside me and went closer to the now shivering, scared girl's ear. Whispering something a little hearable for anyone in the shed to hear.

"My only advice for you and your friends is to run away as fast as you could, pretend as your life depends on it...

..for now."

I was a little confused about what he meant until I was pulled out from my thoughts. We just both heard a loud 'cling!' after Ella dropped her weapon on the floor. The three girls quickly ran away leaving Jeonghan and me alone in the process.

Jeonghan quickly took the knife from the floor and went to cut the ropes off behind me. As soon as he was done cutting, he went to face me and proceeded to cup my face all of a sudden. He looked at me with his soft innocent eyes while he wiped every tear away I produced at the same time.

"Hey, it's okay... I'm here." He smiled. "Just cry it all out, I will never leave you alone again. I will do everything to make you safe and sound."

I did what he said and tried my best to let it all out. Out of sadness, he decided to give me a warm embrace and let me cry on his shoulder. Not minding the fact that I was already staining his shirt with all of my tears by sobbing too hard on the spot.

It didn't take long for Mingyu and Inha to call some of the school staff when they just barged in and asked if I was okay. They pulled me away from Jeonghan's arms and helped me get some rest in the nurse's office. Also letting my friends, Mingyu and Inha, with me for some comfort and for someone to talk to in case.

...

"Are you really okay? Do you need me to get that girl and let her go to jail?" Mingyu softly asked.

"Mingyu, I'm okay don't worry. You don't need to do anything that gigantic and I'm already feeling alright."

"But Hayoon, he's right. We need to get her to jail. Look what happened to you, you almost got killed in school!" Inha joined in.

"Listen, I get that you two are angry but we can settle this in the right way."

"I can call my lawyers right now-"

"Without lawyers and the law involved first Mingyu." I looked at both of them. "Let's give her a chance to explain herself and we'll decide what will be our next move."

"But Hayoon! It's the only way we can get justice from what she did. Why are you even giving her a chance? Did she promise something to you? What?!-"

"No, Ella didn't promise me anything. Even though she can be rude and can be so annoying, she still has true feelings that she doesn't want to show to everyone. I just want to let her redeem herself again and have another fresh start."

"You know what- nevermind. But just remember I'm going to say, I'm not forgiving her for what she did to my best friend." Her fist stiffened.

"I'm going out, don't you dare follow me."

Inha stormed away from the clinic and I was sure to make Mingyu stay just to let her be. He followed what I said and stayed at his seat beside me. Silence took over the whole atmosphere, enough time to gather all my courage and finally confront him about something important.

"Mingyu, I know what you're hiding," I said, earning a confused look from him.

"And I know you're the reason why Ella has been this way."

.

.

.

"Why did you do this to her?"