#02: The week before [02]

"W-Who are you?" I asked through a form of a mumble, not taking a risk to face my future murderer.

"That's not important, but I see your phone right there. Can you tell me what you told the police perhaps?" A cold male voice asked, making my grip on my phone even tighter.

I didn't respond.

"Don't make me answer you, just tell me and this is over." Said he.

Suddenly, loud footsteps can be heard from behind. I started to panic while hundreds of fake scenarios ran into my head. Until my dumb self decided to turn to see his face- eyes.

He was a tall man and he looked very young. He was wearing all black same goes with his cap and his mask. It was very dark in the alleyway, but I can still see his eyes shine through the darkness making me more terrified than ever.

"What do you want from m-me?" I stuttered trying to hide my phone from his sight.

"Nothing really, just want to ask you a few questions really quickly." He walked closer, one step at a time.

"What do you think I did? I just saw a DEAD BODY that you KILLED for God's sake!" I burst out.

"I know. Listen here sweetie, you really don't know what I do-"

"I KNOW WHAT YOU DO! YOU KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE!" I snapped.

He gave me a long stare before he started to walk towards me once again. And as any scared human will do, I stepped back. One step and another, until I felt my back pressing against the wall. I looked—

It was a dead end.

I glanced back at him thinking he was going to laugh or something— But his expression stayed blank.

He's really serious about this.

"I'm not going to kill you, but just tell me what you did—"

I tried to run and escape as fast as I could but he kicked me in the nick of time. He kicked the back of my leg causing me to fall and hiss in pain. As I did that, he suddenly bent down and placed a knife against my neck.

"Listen, I really, really, don't want to kill you. But—"

"P-Please don't do this..." I begged as I held his arm tightly hoping to stop him.

Big tears started to stream down my cheeks.

I saw his eyes soften for a quick second but it changed back to being cold-blooded. I gently closed my eyes and another sudden realization hit me again, I'm just... going to accept it. I let go of my grip and lifted my hands in the air showing him I gave in.

"What are you doing? Are you not going to stop me?" He asked surprisingly.

"Just k-kill me if you want to.."

"What? Are you crazy?" He asked, still holding a knife against my neck, but he stepped back a little.

"W-What?—"

Suddenly, loud sirens can be heard from afar and bright lights start to flash. He took a quick glance at me and let out a disappointed chuckle. He quickly got up and took my phone and kept it in his pocket. He took a final look at me and gave me one of those 'eye smiles' before he climbed a big trash can and escaped through the roof.

And there he was, he got away once again.

"Hayoon-ah!" A familiar voice yelled from the end of the alleyway.

"Inha—"

"OH MY GOD! Is that dead b-body beside you?" She stared at me in extreme shock.

"Yeah..." I mumbled again as a reply.

Inha started hugging me and cried her eyes out. Two cops quickly helped me get up and asked for my mom's number. I started to answer their questions and explain the killer's description.

"Alright, that's all for now. I'm really proud of you Ms. Kang, you're really brave." One cop complimented.

"Thank you very much." I thanked him and gave the cop a smile.

"OH MY GOD HAYOON ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" My mom suddenly came out of nowhere, yelling my name out.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!"

"Mom please calm down, I'm alright. But I'm sorry about the meat and everything—"

"I don't care about the meat you idiot! I'm worried about you! Did he do anything else, anything?!"

"N-No, we just had..." I looked back at the alleyway.

.

.

.

"A quick talk I guess..."