A feeling of distrust.

A feeling of doubt.

".....why are you asking me, Yuno?"

Yuno's eyes alone looked up.
"Because we're rivals."

".................rivals?"

"Rivals for the position of the next wizard king."

Asta didn't understand. But Yuno was clearly extremely upset because of that. Asta didn't want to aggravate him more, so he just let it be. He didn't give an answer.
Yuno got off his chair and headed for the door.
He said this before stepping out.

"Without that promise both our lives are meaningless."

------------------------------------------------°°°

Asta was in the infirmary for the entire evening. Although, he got to explore the Wizard King's office and various other places he hadn't seen. Julius himself took care of Asta for a day. Noelle insisted that one of the Black Bulls should stay back with him, but he denied. Yuno didn't come back to check on him that day.

Asta felt bad for Yuno. He didn't understand his worries, since he doesn't remember anything anyway. He wanted to meet him really badly.

"Asta-Kun! Why are you zoning out?"
Asta gasped as he snapped out of his thoughts.
"...it's nothing, Mahodei.."
"Do you perhaps...want to see Yuno-Kun?"
Julius asked.

He saw straight through me.
Asta had a blush across his cheeks.
How did he do that.
"Ah, w-well...uhh...yeah, I wanna say sorry to him, but he's in a bad mood...he won't listen to me..."
"......"
Julius understood his situation.
"I can call Marx-San if you want, you can contact him through his telepathy magic."
"Huh? Who's that?"
Ah, that's right...he has a memory damage..
Julius placed his palm on his forehead.
"WAIT...TELEPATHY MAGIC?! THAT EXISTS?! I WANNA MEET HIM!! PLEASE SHOW ME WHO HE IS, MAHODEI--"
"Alright, Alright, Asta-Kun..lets go see him."
Asta excitedly hopped through the corridor forgetting about his injuries. Julius giggled as he followed him down.

Knock Knock...
A sound hit the door of the Black Bull's main door. It soon opened and revealed a half naked Vanessa, who want drunk for once.
"Who's there-- Oh? If it isn't Asta's hot rival!"
Yuno stood in front of her with drooped eyes and pale skin.
"....can you show me the way to...Asta's room?"

Vanessa's face clearly showed concern.
"Sure, but...do you want anything to eat? You seem messed--"
"HEY! IT'S ASTA'S RIVAL!! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?!"
"OHH! YUNO-KUN! YUNO-KUN! DID YOU COME BACK TO FIGHT ME?!"
Magna and Luck barged in on the conversation, before realizing that something's up with Yuno. They too fell quiet.
"Hmm..you seem like wet mud...whats up? Charmy can make some good food for ya', come on in!"
Magna put his hand around Yuno's back and moved him to the nearest sofa. The tall male fell onto it, like someone used gravity magic on him.

"Damn man! You fell like a sack of potatoes! Here have this meat, it's today's special!"
Vanessa passed a plate with square slices of meat layered with spicy seasonings. It smelled amazing, and looked really inviting. Yuno couldn't help it. He picked up the knife and fork and ate as formally as possible.

"So...do you know how A--"
"Shut up you virgin delinquent! Let him eat in peace!"
"I'M NOT A DELINQUENT!!"
Magna screeched back at Vanessa. Magna turned to Yuno and kept quiet.
"Asta had a memory loss."
Yuno placed down his plate and fork onto the sofa.

"Wait what? Memory Loss?"
"DID HE FORGET US?!"
".....from what I know, he hasn't forgotten many people, but he doesn't remember certain incidents. The doctors are trying their best to cure him."
Magna, Vanessa, and even Luck had worried looks.
"Hmm...hope Asta-Kun gets better."
Luck said before slightly punching Yuno on his shoulder.
"Why did you come here, Yuno-Kun? Was it to fight me?!"
"......Asta's coming back tonight. I wanted to....."
Yuno took a step back, and thought about it.
Should I...tell them?
"It's nothing, actually."
"Oh, he's coming back tonight so you wanted to meet him? How nice of you!"
Vanessa saw straight through his thoughts.
"Yeah, pretty much."

Magna took Yuno on a tour around the intricately built base, which actually surprised Yuno. Yuno even got to see a small part of the base change shape. It was pretty cool.
"And....this is Asta's room! You did mention that you'd wait here right?"
Yuno saw a dark oak door with a sign saying 'Asta' and a few doodles around it.
"...yeah."
Yuno opened the door and encountered an overly small room, with one window. He already felt stuffed.
There was a bed placed besides the window on the right side and a round desk taking up the left side. Above the bed was a round wall stand. There was also a bedhead shelf with the book stand on the other side of the room.Nero was sleeping in her nest on the windowsill.

"Aight then! We won't tell Asta that you've come, hope you enjoy your stay!"
Magna shut the door behind him.

....it's just as big as our bedroom in Hage Village....I used to be comfortable with this size. Although ever since I joined the Golden Dawn I've gotten used to large sized bedrooms.
Yuno walked up to the bedhead shelf. There was a vase of water and a few glass cups. He slowly picked up the vase and poured himself a glass of water. The tired boy flopped onto the bed.
....it's pretty hard, and uncomfortable.
He drank a sip of water and looked at the red colored bed. It was a tiny bit bigger than the size of Asta's body.
.....will he be okay over here?
Yuno felt awfully claustrophobic in Asta's room.

A familiar smell tickled Yuno's nose. He looked around, and found nothing but a bunch of clothes on his bed.
How messy, he must've been in a rush.
He picked up Asta's nightshirt. It was off-white and had black stripes.

Yuno stared at the shirt for a while.
It smells like Asta, he has such a strong scent..
After another few seconds of waiting, Yuno brought the shirt closer and buried his face in it.
....it's warm...
His eyes closed and he proceeded to sit like that for some time, until Asta arrived.

"......"
Nero who was watching Yuno with disinterested eyes, smiled internally as she too shut eyes.