Chapter 13

"ASTA!!"

Smoke and wind covered up the scene. But soon everything was cleared up.
"Huh? Where's......Asta?"
Noelle whispered as she looked for the boy. There was no sign of him in the ring.

The masked man's sword was driven into the hard stone floor. He pulled it out and looked up in the sky, where a green peaceful and serene light was gleaming, and lit up the skies.
Noelle could make out the form of an angel with only one wing, and a crown parted in the centre onto one half.
The light and smoke cleared, and revealed.....
"Yuno-Kun?!"

The newcomer descended from the sky and turned into a normal looking boy, with Asta in his arms. His feet touched the ground and the wind dissipated.

"What's going on here? Aren't you the Clover Kingdom's executioner or something?"
Yuno spoke with a deadpan voice.
He left Asta onto the ground.
"Who allowed you to behead a Magic Knight of this kingdom?"
The masked man was silent. He didn't say a word.
"You're the boy with the four leaf grimoire. What a surprise."
Kira spoke as he walked through a newly opened sand door.
"There's no reason to keep him alive. He's a devil. The entire capital wants him dead."
"........"
Yuno waited for the next sentence.
He took a breath to speak but felt a strong arm on his shoulder.
"Yuno....glad you came, handsome jerk..."
Asta took full support of Yuno's shoulder and moved his other arm over his ribs.
"Asta was controlled by a group of rebels known as 'Hell's Rouges'. We are currently studying them, their origins, and their future plans. We believe they used Asta as a test subject."
Yuno explained, before he placed his hand on Asta's hair and ruffled it.

"This boy has no magic and yet he made it into the Magic Knights. He has worked even harder then me. All his sixteen years of hardwork could've flown out the window the second you killed him."
Yuno's eyes were barely visible when his eyes showed pure rage.
"And let me tell you one thing. Pick on someone your own damn size."

Yuno glared straight at Kira, and Kira glared back. Asta stared at Yuno.
I don't remember seeing him this angry. He got this angry for me.
Asta felt warmth on his cheeks.
"Yuno....does it look like this man will agree with us right away and let us go?"
Noelle pointed her wand at him.
"I won't forgive him either."
"Hey, Hey, that's enough..."
A clear and high toned voice was heard from behind the trio.

"They came to meet me, didn't they?"
Julius, the wizard king, locked eyes with Kira, who was really surprised.
".....you..weren't you on a mission..?"

------------------------------------------------°°°

Julius collected the trio and Nero, then sent magic knights to quiet down the crowd and send them back.

"So...what did you come here for?"
Noelle, Yuno, and Julius sat around Asta who was resting on a bed, with bandages on his stomach.
"....well...uhh...something happened with Asta the other day. You must know of it."
Noelle signaled Nero who was on Asta's head. She flew off, and revealed two small sharp black stubs on both sides of Asta's head.

"A Wegh?!"
"They're....horns..."
Yuno and Julius were shocked with wide eyes.
"......Asta...It's going just as I predicted.."
Noelle turned to Julius.
"You don't mean...."
"Remember the time I told you, Mimosa, and the bird as to what could happen to Asta?"
Yuno looked from Noelle to Julius and back.
What? What's gonna happen to him?!
There was soon a flutter of blue scales that enveloped the bird and revealed her human form.
"Asta's losing his humanity, like how I lost mine halfway. If this continues, he could go further than any human has gone, and could become totally something else. Some other life form."
Nero said in a soft but strong voice.
"......is there something I can do?..."
Yuno said keeping a straight face.
Julius looked at Yuno and huffed.
"Nothing for now, boy."
"WAIT NOTHING CAN BE DONE?!"
Asta yelled in top of his lungs in utter fear.
"AM I GONNA DIE?! DIE WITHOUT CHANGING THIS KINGDOM?!"
"I'll become the wizard king and do it in your place instead."

....................

....................

"Huh? You wanna be the Wizard King? You never told me that Yuno! "