Chapter 30: His Atrocity

"I didn't know you guys were standing for a long time," Sakura said, shockingly and whining as she hid her face against Gaara's chest. "Oh gosh, this is embarrassing..."

"We just wanted to surprise you both!" Ino grinned, sticking her tongue out proudly with a peace sign.

"Hahahahah! Finally!!! I've been waiting for this moment to come. I love your reactions," Kankuro smirked and shook hands with his brother and hugged him to pat him on the back. "Congratulations!"

"Yeah, how was it?" Kiba wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

"Gosh! Don't be a pervert," Tenten grimaced.

"What?! It's true! They-"

"We get it!" She raised her voice to cut him off.

"Wow, that's the first time I've heard this coming from you," Ino became astonished.

"Thank you, guys... I was not expecting that, but a few things have happened between me and Sakura," the red-haired Kazekage smiled.

"We all know that and we support you guys for it," Ino smiled.

"I do too," Lee said enthusiastically.

"Same, same," Choji nodded cheekily, whereas the rest of the guys were also concordant.

Sakura laid her hand on her stomach until her smile started to falter when another male voice spoke out behind them in a light derision.

"Ah... so it's true? I knew there was something foul about you guys..."

"Sasuke..." she mumbled, then she and the others noticed the seventh Hokage appearing in front of them with a lively expression.

"What's up, guys?! We got the herbs that you've asked for!" He exclaimed, tittering.

"Uh oh. This does not look good," Tenten said nervously in her mind.

"Looks like sir Hokage himself doesn't know yet, I bet," Kankuro's lips turned into a thin line.

"Naruto," Gaara said quietly.

"Oh, that's great! I can-" Ino got interrupted by the dark-haired ninja, who seems to be staring at the couple in callousness.

"Shut up."

The blonde-haired kunoichi got startled by the firm tone of his voice and bit her bottom lip timidly.

"Sasuke! That was a bit rude, don't you think?" Naruto was aghast as he looked at his friend strangely.

"Listen, I'm sorry for the trouble that we've given you because Sakura needed to get the treatment quickly," Ino chuckled faintly with her hands waving apologetically.

"I don't care. You made us go through that trouble by making a bullshit excuse. I can still see what you've been doing, even without my Sharingan or my Mangekyou. Don't even think for a second that I'm dumb enough not to notice it. How provocative can you be to use mind tricks?"

"Hey! Don't talk to my girlfriend like that and she used neither of those, so I'd be careful with that mouth of yours!" Sai stepped in sharply.

"What's going on? Hinata, do you know?" Naruto turned to his fiance in befuddlement.

"Umm..." She took a short pause, then one of them decided to speak up.

"We found out the real reason behind Sakura's current state," Tenten muttered quietly.

"Guys... Please, you don't need to speak up for me when I'm the only one who can. You see, my memories have been coming back slowly and I never expected the outcomes would turn out to be like this," Sakura's hand was placed on her abdomen in a subtle touch.

"Wait, you are-!" Naruto gaped his mouth open with his baffled eyes.

"Yes," she nodded and stared at the dark-haired ninja remorsefully as she walked up to him with tears flowing in her eyes. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know until Ino told me and I'm telling you all now."

"I see. No, it's fine. I totally understand," he said blandly.

"What do you mean?" Sakura became confused.

"As I've said before, I can see everything..." Sasuke affirmed.

"Just as I thought. He's going to lose it," Kankuro clenched his teeth in awkwardness.

"Hold on, I don't understand-" the blonde-haired ninja stammered.

"Oh, please. Don't act like you're so dense, Naruto. You knew this the whole time and still didn't even tell me..." the dark-haired ninja narrowed his eyes at him crisply.

"I- uh..." he turned sideways in guilt as he remained silently.

Sasuke then whipped his head around towards Sakura in which he slightly scoffed at with a sarcastic smirk. "Of course, I know that you and Gaara hit it off, didn't you? Tell me, is that freak really that good-"

A loud smack was heard that startled everyone in shock and waited for fifteen seconds for one of them to respond. The pink-haired kunoichi hitched her breath as her chest was heaving up with vexation.

The dark-haired ninja slowly glanced down at her and added in snidely. "Heh... It looks like the white wolf didn't do much shifting, doesn't it?"

"Huh...?" She gaped her mouth slightly open blankly.

"So, it was you..." the red-haired Kazekage unstiffened his shoulders and straightened himself before turning his perturbing gaze upon the Uchiha man.

"Yes! It was me! I'm the one who created that monster!" He declared piercingly.

With such an abrupt motion, Gaara rushed forward and made a huge blow against Sasuke's cheeks, whereas Lee and Kankuro were restraining him back from attacking him further.

"You! We trusted you not to hurt her! You promised to her and everyone here not to hurt her! To even create such an atrocious creature that not only caused her to lose her memories, but almost cost her life-!"

"Gaara! That's enough..." a voice spoke out, which caused them to turn around.

He glanced around as soon as his eyes landed on the pink-haired kunoichi, who became very despondent.

She slowly approached Sasuke and asked quietly. "Is that true?"

"No. I-I wasn't... I only did it for an experiment..."

"So you choose me instead... For what reason, Sasuke?" She raised her voice hotly.

Sasuke gulped tensely and noticed the heated anger in her eyes.

"Tell me!" She demanded.

Sasuke blinked and admitted bravely, saying. "Yes, I only did it because I wanted to be with you..."

Sakura slapped him harshly across his face as her tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"You're the reason why we're here. You're the reason why my relationship with Gaara is falling apart because you have an ambitious goal and that is to win me over. To love you again... You are selfish..."

Sasuke gazed at her sadly and looked away with a little guilt.

"Looks like we've overstayed here long enough. Never talk to me and I never want to see you again...!" Sakura screamed and immediately stormed right off, which left everyone all frozen in stupefaction.