Chapter 5: Eye of the Beholder

Hey, guys. I know that this chapter is a little short. But I promise you, the next ones will be much longer and more detailed. I've been busy with the BTS story since I haven't wrote any fanfic of it and I want to take that opportunity to do so. 

Anyways, please read & review!

Thirty minutes later, Tsunade continued to examine Sakura's well-being and placed her palm in her forehead. After she was giving her tests, she checked the results on the paper and flipped them from the board list. She sighed helplessly, much to their puzzlement.

"It appears that she has amnesia," she stated.

Naruto shook his head in disbelief and mumbled with a frown. "It can't be."

"I'm afraid so," Tsunade said.

"What do we do then?" Gaara asked worriedly.

"For now, she needs to stay here. The medical team will be the ones to look after her and see if Sakura starts to remember something. No medication is required. All she needs is food, sleep, and some breath of fresh air," Tsunade explained, crossing her arms.

Gaara nodded in understanding and asked. "Would it be okay if we visit her?"

"Yeah. You are all welcome to do that. But just make sure you give her enough space because she can totally freak out if you get close to her," Tsunade said.

"Oh, come on. Granny, this is ludicrous. I can't stand her seeing like that," Naruto whined, slapping his head in exasperation.

"I know. It's going to take time for her to recover," Tsunade agreed.

"Alright. Thank you," Gaara said with a light bow down and continued on. "Anyway, Naruto and I need to go now."

"Okay. Good luck, you two. Don't overwork too much," Tsunade reminded as she watched them exit the hospital room and out of the building.

While they were both walking in the main streets, they began to discuss the monster that attacked Sakura that night and they wondered what it was after. People were passing by and greeting them while they were working on their jobs.

"I mean, it's normal for anyone to follow something that was calling them. But why Sakura?" The blonde-haired ninja questioned blankly.

"Perhaps, she had a premonition. Whatever it is, we are going to find out. I promised to protect her..." Gaara said determinedly, gazing at the front view.

"What if someone was behind all of this?" Naruto guessed.

"No. I highly doubt that," the red-haired Kazekage shook his head.

"What if, though? Surely, it must be one person who is willing to destroy Sakura's life again. Think about it," the seventh Hokage reasoned out.

Gaara's eyes narrowed in suspicion and gritted his teeth. "I think I know..."

Then, the two of them had visited the prison cell and started to interrogate the dark brunette that was sitting across them at the table.

"I swear. That wasn't me!" She spat out.

"Oh, cut the bullshit, Katsumi. We know it is always you who wants to replace her in the first place. You are just an insecure person," Naruto remarked, rolling his eyes.

Katsumi scoffed and said annoyingly. "You really believe I had something to do with the attack? Did you see me summon a clone or perform any jutsu? You know that my hands are chained. I can barely use any chakra because they are sealed away."

Gaara closed his eyes for a moment and agreed. "She's right."

"Huh?! Why would you believe whatever she's saying to you. She's your crazy ex-damn fiance, for fuck's sake. She's a murderer," Naruto exclaimed vehemently, pointing his finger at her accusingly.

Katsumi shook her head dismissively without responding back.

"No. She would never do that. Before, she temporarily killed my girl. However, this time... It is not Katsumi's doing," the red-haired Kazekage said thoughtfully.

"I agree. There is no way that she is able to summon a creature that night if she's locked up in the cell. Although, it is best to keep an eye on her. She is not the type of person that is yet to be trusted. Plus, she's not able to speak up with anyone other than the bodyguards," Kakashi explained briefly while holding one of the Make-Up Paradise books in his right hand.

"Where did you come from?" Naruto's eyes went bewildered as he jumped out of his seat.

"Same as always, Hokage. I can appear whenever I want," Kakashi said slowly as he leaned his back against the wall, then flips onto the next page.

"You seem to be quite tired from running with Guy," the red-haired Kazekage said, smirking in amusement.

"Yes. I have. He won apparently. I couldn't beat him up since he ran faster than me," Kakashi sighed dully.

"That sucks," Naruto snorted.

"Well, I still enjoyed every moment of it. I've used my time to gather up all my stamina and energy before my retirement comes," Kakashi said and slammed the book closed with his hand, regaining his standing posture up. "I got to go now. I'll leave you on with this case."

"Bye, sensei!" Naruto said brightly.

"Goodbye," Gaara waved his hand at him a little as they both watched him disappear in a puff of smoke.

"So, can I go back to my cell now? I need to go on meditation," Katsumi grumbled with her arms crossed.

The two of them turned around and Gaara smirked at her. "You may, but we need to make sure you are not behind all of this mess. If you are somehow, I will not let you breathe longer than you expect, even if it means by doing the worse."

Naruto backed his chair away from him and shivered nervously. "Yikes..."

On the other hand, the red-haired Kazekage continued to smirk at the dark brunette, whose eyes widened in fear.

Indeed, he can be terrifying at times because he wasn't just Gaara of the Desert for nothing.