Chapter 24: Charm

"Oh... That's no problem, then," Shikamaru smiled comprehensively. "As I was saying, this final activity consists of three parts in a sequence. The first objective is archery. You must target the total of five bullseyes from a far distance, using either your shurikens or kunai knives. The second one is after you finish scoring, unlock the chests to get the scrolls."

"Lastly, you have to climb onto the rope ladder to place them on the wooden altars that Shikamaru and I have created. Be careful, it's very slippery, so make sure you don't trip over," Temari instructed formally and continued on. "Team One, we have Inner Sakura, Hinata, Naruto, Gaara, Sasuke, Lee, and Kankuro. Team Two, we have Ino, Tenten, Choji, Sai, Shino, Kiba, and Neji."

"Yes!!!" The seventh Hokage exclaimed, punching his fists in the air in enthusiasm. He wrapped his arm around Hinata, who blushed shyly, and declared proudly. "I get to be with my girl!"

"Hoy. Keep it to yourself, will ya? It's aggravating how you're rubbing it on our faces," Kiba commented with his eyes rolled.

"How? Is it wrong to confess thy love? You're just jealous because you're still single," Naruto stifles his laughter, covering his mouth.

"Why would I? I'm still lucky because I wouldn't be the one to get scolded," Kiba pointed out.

"Guys... Bickering will only waste our time, so please shut up," Ino gritted her teeth in pique.

"Thank you, Ms. Yamanaka, for scolding those two idiots," Temari chirped, much to Naruto and Kiba's sweatdrop and embarrassment. "So you have, at least, 30 minutes to get to the finish line and you will be rewarded."

"And of course, don't forget to-" Shikamaru was about to finish his sentence, but got interrupted instead.

"Wave the signal high up in the air!" Everyone responded in unison, causing Temari to guffaw.

Shikamaru furrowed his eyebrows weirdly and chuckled, saying. "I'm surprised you all know what to do then and are well-prepared."

The others nodded at him silently in amusement.

"Great. May the best team win," he declared with an intriguing smirk on his face as soon as the anticipation had begun.

The first participants have stepped in the white line and peered skeptically at one another. They held onto their bows as Temari pointed her weapon upwards.

"Ready, set, go!" She exclaimed as she fired it and glanced between Neji and Hinata, who lifted their elbows and shot the arrows to the bullseye, which made the others drop their jaws in awe.

"Wow. Impressive. You go, girl!" Inner Sakura saluted.

"Hehe. Thanks," the Byakugan kunoichi smiled.

"Good aim," Neji said, smirking.

"Hmm," Hinata hummed in response, then she went to the side of her team's spot and observed the next teammates.

Tenten brought her bow and looked at Lee daringly, saying. "Don't lose your focus."

"Oh, you bet on it," he retorted back once they pulled the string that strikes the arrows through their targets. However, he missed the score, whereas he saw his friend jump in triumph.

"Yes!! I still got my flexes on. Uh huh," Tenten sang gleefully with a twirl.

Lee grabbed his head and groaned in defeat as he ran up to his team with a huge sigh.

"You still did great. Cheer up a little," Inner Sakura said.

"Awww, really? You wouldn't mind if I controlled your mind and broke all of your arrows?" Ino intervened.