One

IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS CHAPTER. Comment if your hype so I can boost my serotonin with validation <3.

Disclaimer:
I do not own any of the characters in The Queens Gambit, but if I did I would have incorporated a spontaneous choreographed rehearsed dance scene to 679 by Fetty Wap.

Song of the chapter - Howlin' for you by The Black Keys

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

•If I ever gave off the impression that Thea was incapable of love, there was one exception

If I ever gave off the impression that Thea was incapable of love, there was one exception.

Love was such a silly word to a girl that barely knew what it meant. Love can be your devotion to a pet cat, or loyalty to your parents. Love was never intended to be romantic. At least not to Beth Harmon.

Love didn't relate so much to Beth's life as other words could. Addiction. Addiction was a prominent example of something Beth could feel. One that she could almost grasp in her hands, but never hold the reigns of.

And maybe it was the same addiction Thea had for the young redhead. Or maybe it was the suspicion of a feeling that shouldn't have existed, or have been so powerful.

-

Thea, woke up without the comfortability of being in an unfamiliar bed, being plagued especially by the pulling weight besides her.

The man with whom she did not bother remembering the name of- much less his hair color, to be frank, lay peacefully as if the woman next to him would one day become something more than just a toy for a one night stand. It was almost sad how high he held his hopes in winning her over, and making her his loyal wife.

As if Thea would ever be loyal in a relationship, please.

The fact that one could even consider her entering a relationship without a personal gain made her recoil.

Not like she would need to be tied down to get what she wanted out of a man though. Thea, without regard to the man's state of sleep, crept up from the mattress and tried to recollect her thoughts, and how she would make her grand escape.

But Thea- Thea was bored. She was bored that the man had not woken up and begged her to stay- not that she would give a damn either way, but he certainly had neediness to him the night past.

Thea thought he was a sick freak, but held her tongue as she remembered how sick of a person she was herself. The thought of her brutality was a source of serotonin.