Twenty-Two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"Thea, I don't know what to tell you! He must have changed because Beltik was an asshole-"

"He stabbed me. You do remember that he stabbed me, right?"

"He's changed, Thea! Beltik has been very helpful to me, and I owe him at least this. And I have to leave town to train for Paris with Borgov." She shuddered.

Beth said in a smaller voice, "I'm not prepared, and I need to be."

Thea rolled her eyes, looking back at Beltik in the hallway, trying to coax King from his hiding place. Instead, the cat backed away farther into the corner, leaving a very awkward, overbearing Harry Beltik in turn.

She looked back. "I am not speaking to him."

Beth smiled, "That's the spirit!" She hugged her. "Thank you."

Thea scoffed but allowed Beth to hug her anyway. What had started as an amazing day had now turned into her worst nightmare. And she's been homeless.

"Who are you even training with anyway?" Thea asked.

Beth tensed up, "Well you see, about that."

Thea raised an eyebrow.

"Okay! I'm going to New York totrainwithbennywattspleasedonthateme..."

Thea was startled by her quickness, but understood. As Beth would assume, she would've started to probably overthink everything and get quite angry, but she didn't.

Thea said, "Oh! Well contrary to what you might think, you need the training so don't put my personal issues in the way of that."

Beth hugged her again, "Have I ever told you that you're the best?"

"What was that again?" Thea teased.

"Ohhh- shove it!" Beth replied, laughing.

The moment was ruined when Beltik asked if he could have a glass of water.

Beth replied, "Help yourself" and he walked into the kitchen.

Thea followed him and crossed her arms at his intruding presence. "I would murder you with my bare hands, but Beth seems to think you deserve to stay here awhile."

Beltik went to interrupt, but Thea put her finger up to silence him, "One, if you even breathe in my direction, I will kill you. Two, if you drink any of my almond milk, I will kill you. Three, if you even touch King I will-" Thea motioned her hands as if asking him to finish.