Twenty-Four

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

The sound of Beth's voice stopped both of them from staring

"We need a game plan." The red head stated.

The room felt uncomfortably warmer since when Thea had first arrived, mostly because she didn't know how to process a certain someone being there.

Did he hate her? Why did he come back?

"Thea- are you listening?"

Beth waved a hand in front of Theas concentrated face.

"Earth to Thea." Beltik snickered as Beth shot him a dirty look.

By first glance you wouldn't be able to tell that Benny was on his guard, but by the way he looked like he would be at Beltiks throat at any second by the way he clenched his fist- it was a dead giveaway.

"Anyway- as you all know, I'm playing Borgov. This is already a problem, but to make matters worse, it is also Thea's dad! I have to beat Thea's dad."

They all seemed to look at Thea, including Benny.

"What?! It's not my fault he's my father. How do we even know for sure he's my- well that!"

Townes finally piped up, "I went down to the lab and did a DNA test, it lined up with his in the system."

They gaped at him.

"What! I know people."

"Whatever." Beth averted the attention back to herself. "The point is, I can't let the fact that Borgov is Thea's dad stay in the way of me beating him and taking my place as champion. But! I think that Thea, if she choose so, should have a right to meet him."

"You think, instead of me going with you, that you should take Thea as your second. Correct?"

It looked as if Benny was asking the question more so to Thea as to Beth.

Beth responded with a nervous nod.

"I have no problem with that, wouldn't wanna get in the way of Ms. Princess and her rich father." Benny shrugged.

Ignoring Benny's rudeness, Beth smiled, "Thea, what do you think?"

Thea sighed, "I think Mr. Ego- maniac cowboy should step off his high horse and stop being such an asshole."

"Not again." Beltik murmured.

Benny stepped forward, but instead of insulting her, he just sighed. "I think you should go, to Paris. Do whatever you need to do."

He turned to Beth, "Just keep her safe."

Thea shakily nodded a silent thank you, despite her anger with him. One moment he was accusing her over nothing and the next he wasn't being terrible?