𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚

So the time had passed pretty faster than I imagined. Next thing I knew... here I was, in the middle of a busy airport skipping school with Billie to say goodbye to my mom as she boarded a plane going to Rome with some dude with a generic ass name.

I sat on some seats with Billie whist my mom and Dave were grabbing some food. They were due to board their flight in around forty minutes.

"Y'know... you don't seem too bothered to say you're saying goodbye to your mom today," Billie randomly spoke out. As he turned his head to look at me.

I gave him an unconfident shrug. "I mean it's not like she's dying,"

"Well no, course not- thats not what I mean, but you won't be seeing her for God knows how long after this,"

"I guess I'm use to saying bye to her and being with out her for periods of time. It's just not exactly kicked in yet the fact that it wont just be maybe two weeks. But... well- like you said, God knows,"

He nodded, before my mom strolled in the front of us.

I straightened up from slouching in the chair. "Did you get me anything?"

"Blaze it's not you boarding the flight,"

"So? I still need to eat,"

"I told you to eat before we left," Billie mumbled at a level of volume he knew only I would hear, still not disguising his 'I told you so' tone.

"I wasn't hungry then,"

My mom just rolled her eyes before daring to pull out a sandwich and eat it in front of me.

"Do I have one?"

"Blaze Joy, get your own,"

"I see," I mumbled, slouching back down again meeting Billie's terrible posture in the chair. "Leaving me for Rome with Dave but can't even buy me a sandwhich for being here to say goodbye... I see,"

I heard Billie snigger beside me slightly. My mom clicked her tongue rolling her eyes as she sat down beside me. "Now where is Dave?"

"Hopefully buying me a sandwhich,"

"Blaze, be quiet,"

"But I'm-"

"-I don't care, sh!"

I didn't say anything else. Apart from looking over at Billie and widening my eyes, as if to say 'Jeez' at him. He shook his head smiling, before nudging me with his shoulder playfully. Obviously just as bored as I was. I smiled, shoving him back.

Which escalated in a shoulder badging match as we waited for Dave. Going back and forth shoving one another, until Billie shoved me too hard and I slipped off the seat straight onto the airport floor.

"Blaze Joy!" My mom hushed embarrassed. "Get up now! What are you doing on the floor!"

"Did you not just see Billie shove me!?"

Billies mouth gaped open offendedly. "We was shoving each other!"

"You started it!"

"Blaze!" My mom interrupted. "Up!"

I scowled pushing myself up off the floor. Sitting back down next to Billie as my mom looked around for Dave once more.

"Sorry," Billie whispered.

I looked over him, smiling slightly. "Got me in trouble,"

"Shouldn't have fell on the floor,"

My mom breathed out impatiently. Rolling her head back emphasising her lack of patience. "Both of you, behave. I'm going to go look for Dave."