Death Is A Cocky Bastard

Ally

Out of all weapons, daggers are my favorite. I like the sound of it flying through the air, the idea of having complete and utter control over it, and the feeling you get when you strike your target with incredible precision. Macy likes guns, she says she likes that there are so many different kinds and the feeling of reloading one over and over again. To be completely honest I don't know what she's talking about, daggers will always be better. I grabbed one from where I keep them on my thigh and threw it in a perfect arc across the room straight to its target. Then out of nowhere Macy steps in and grabs it midair.

"Do you ever get tired of being a horrible person.",
I say through clenched teeth.
"Nope, besides your being overdramatic, you were going to miss anyway.",
she said flipping the knife around in the air and before she even had time to block I had lunged at her pinning her to the ground, my night-black hair falling in her face,

"Your funny, but everyone knows I never miss",
I tell her with a smirk and right before she could knee me I jumped up grabbed the dagger from the floor and threw it at her just as she was sitting up. She looked up at me with a pout and said,
"You nicked me",
and so I had right on her right shoulder just where I wanted it.
"Oh don't be such a big baby, you grabbed my dagger from the air and suffered the consequences.",
I deadpanned.

We both stood there for a second staring at each other. Then after about 30 seconds, we couldn't stand it anymore and both burst out laughing. After about a minute of laughing our asses off, we finally calmed down enough to talk.

"Mr. Clement needs us to do a job",
Macy says through harsh breaths.
"It must be a pretty big job if he asked for the both of us."
I looked at her all humor replaced with seriousness.
"He needs us to kill the prince."
For a second I just sat there staring at her stunned.
"The prince, the fucking heir to the damn throne!",
I yelled at her once I got past my initial shock, I was furious why in the hell would she agree to this.

"I know ok I really do but he's not just willing to offer us a crazy amount of money, he's also willing to get us our freedom from the Black Crow Organization, no more running, no more fear of eventually getting caught, no more lying low we can get a huge mansion if we want and we won't have to be afraid that they'll find us."

I knew that look in her eyes because it's the same look that was in my eyes right now. "Freedom" how can one word make you feel so much. Yes, it was most definitely wrong to kill an innocent prince. But then again I'm a selfish person and if killing him gets me my freedom then I'll gladly do it.
So I looked Macy right in the eyes and said,
"Ok".

The annual royal gala was in 2 days. Which meant we had a lot of work to do. I would keep an eye on the prince as much as I can, the better I know him the easier it will be to kill him and Macy will scope out the venue, figuring out where and how we get in and out unseen.

I was walking down a narrow back alley to my favorite illegal weapons dealer to purchase some new daggers for myself. I walked into a little antique store.
"Ted!",
I yell as I walk up to the counter. Ted's been my weapons guy for almost 2 years now. He's covered in tattoos and muscles from head to toe. We have a great relationship.

"Oh, it's you",
He said with a frown.
"Oh don't be like that old man I'm your best customer",
I say to him with a pout. All he does is roll his eyes and walk over to a wall where a deer head was hung and twisted the nose clockwise until he heard the click. Then the entire wall slowly creaked open. That was always my favorite part. He walks in with me following behind him. The inside of the room was full of every kind of weapon you can imagine. For an assassin, it doesn't get any better than this.