Pain is weakness

Macy

I woke up disoriented and in pain. I'm guessing that I'm in the hospital because of the fluorescent lighting that makes me look dead and the blue hospital dress I'm wearing that is horrible for my complexion.

I slowly sit up and briskly stop when I felt a sharp pain going through my thigh. Then I remembered what happened and why exactly I would be in a hospital with my thigh on fire.

Shit, how long have they been following me? I started thinking back to every single conversation I've had since Ally left, hoping to god that I didn't say anything that could lead the Black Crow to where Ally and Callion were hiding.

I think I'm safe when it comes to that information. But I'm not exactly sure when it comes to everything else. If they've been following me then they know where I'm staying and who I'm staying with.

Shit, they would also know the conversation I had with Mave. I'm so screwed, we're so screwed, everyone is so screwed. Ally would have never made a mistake like that she always says better to be extra safe and I wasn't.

Fuck, I'm such an idiot. First I get us into this situation and then I get caught trying to fix this situation. Is there anything I can do right? I laugh to myself and shake my head. No, there isn't anything I can do right when Ally isn't with me.

I have to fix this. Slowly I start to get up out of bed. The door opens and Brandon steps through holding 2 coffees and a box of donuts. Donuts that I do not deserve right but look so good.

He stops when he sees me.
"Your up, thank god, Macy you fucking terrified me I got your text and came as fast as I could",
He sets the donuts on the table next to the two chairs that are by the door. Then came over, handed me one of the coffees, and sat in the bed next to me.

"When I got there you were laying on the concrete passed out and covered in blood. I picked you up and brought you to the hospital. They were asking a lot of questions at first but I called once of the royal advisers and they talked to the doctors",
He explained.

This is all so much and now Brandon's in danger too. How am I supposed to find a way to stop the Black Crow, keep Brandon safe, and make sure that no one dies in the process.

"I can't do this Brandon",
I whispered staring at my hands.
"I need her, I need Ally".
Brandon grabbed one of the hands I was staring at and used his other one to push a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"There has to be some way for you to talk to her, maybe you could ask one of the king's guards that visit them or-,"
I cut him off before he could finish.
"Wait your right there is someway",
I look over to him.
"Can you get the doctor or someone, I need to get out of this hospital now",
I demanded.

He looked like he was about to argue but then saw the look in my eyes and thought better of it.
"Yeah, ok",
He replied before walking out of the room.

I started to get up ignoring the burning pain that was coming from my right thigh. It hurts like a bitch but I've been through worse. In the Black Crow part of our training was to sit in a room and let an agent torture us. They wanted to make sure that if we were ever caught we would be able to endure the pain.

They also wanted us to have a high pain tolerance. I hate the Black Crow and everything they stand for but I have to admit they made Ally and me strong. But if I was able to choose a different life I would. Ally, on the other hand, I don't think she would choose a different life even if she had the choice. She loves being an assassin.

As I was getting up a nurse walking by caught sight of me and quickly ran in.
"What are you doing",
She demanded. At this point, I was already on the edge and this lady was definitely about to knock me over.