Chapter 35: I'll Be the Judge Of That, Darling.

Start from the beginning

What was I even thinking?

"Doesn't matter if you like it or not. It's still school," she complained.

I refrained from smiling. "Fair enough." She gave me a nod and sneezed. "Bless you, again. Have you taken any medicine?"

"Yeah," she mumbled. The group was moving to another plant. Slowly, we gathered our bags and followed them. "An hour ago."

"Cassie," I sighed, "Darling, you need rest rather than being here." I regretted the "darling" aspect, immediately. Of course, I got away with it earlier when Cassie was too depressed to care. Not at the moment.

She looked at me, mostly seeming irritated. "First, I am not anyone's 'darling.' Second, I couldn't care less about a cold."

"I disagree," I said firmly. Then, I called one of the teachers over to us. It was Ms. Kalesse, the more calm and understanding one.

"Need any help?" she asked us with a smile.

"Cassie has a severe cold, and I reckon it would be a good idea if she went to get some rest," I told her.

Cassie's look told me that she was not very happy.

Health always first.

Observing plants...always last.

Ms. Kalesse examined Cassie who claimed she was "fine." It took the teacher a lot of time of time to decide what was best for Cassie.

At the end, the teacher concluded, "Sandy, go back to the tent. No arguments. You definitely aren't well enough, and I can't negotiate with your health." Cassie threw me a glare and argued she was absolutely all right. Ms. Kalesse looked at me and said, "Julian, please escort her back to the tents. The group will be back in an hour or so. Just keep an eye on her. I would go, but we need the teachers here."

I grinned and nodded. "I have you covered. Come on, Cassie," I said and dragged Cassie by her jacket sleeve. She kept complaining and demanding about my tight grip.

We were at the tents in no time. I hesitated slightly before tugging her in the tent for the girls. It was as if I was entering a female loo or something of the sort for the first time. The inside was actually much better than I had expected. It was clean, organized, and smelled nice...unlike the male tent which was...not extremely healthy.

"Julian, let go!" Cassie tugged her sleeve out of my hand. I let go easily as seeing we were at our destination.

"Sure," I shrugged. "Now, I recommend getting some sleep. I doubt you got a decent amount of sleep last night."

She didn't meet my eyes rather she sniffled and went to-I am assuming-her own sleeping bag. "Don't tell anyone about anything," she muttered.

"Trust me, I won't." It wasn't my place to tell. "By the way, fancying someone isn't a crime," I added.

She looked at me with a serious look. "It is when Lucas is involved."

"He's only one person! You can most definitely find plenty of decent blokes!" She simply needed to move on from my cousin.

"I don't want anyone. Men are...not worth it, no offense." Brilliant.

"Find women, then," I couldn't help but say.

She gave me a death glare and said, "I prefer the opposite gender, Julian...just not at the moment...or well, as long as I have my senses."

Well, I suppose I'll be waiting long for this girl. "You have to move on, Cassie," I told her calmly.

"I have moved on," she replied quietly. "There are some things that I just can't let go."

I walked over and crouched down next to her. She refused to meet my eyes. "You're not strong then, Cassie," I shrugged. Immediately, her head turned in my direction, giving me the response I wanted. "Since eighth class you haven't been able to get past Lucas's words. Of course, his words were rude, disrespectful, and bloody insulting, however, you shouldn't still be stuck on what a young chap had said."