Chapter 35: I'll Be the Judge Of That, Darling.

Chapter 35: I'll be the judge of that, darling.

Anger and pain still remained at the surface of my mood the next morning. Of course, another problem to add was my sneezing. Apparently, staying out in the rain was the best way to get a cold. For me only. Julian seemed fine.

Bright and happy as always.

Why couldn't I be like that?

The teachers called us all to get up at eight. We were going to visit some areas of the forest and look at native and non native plants. Also, we were going to look at different birds and animals. Plants were easier.

"Okay, everyone grab a partner! One environmental science student with a biology student!" Ms. Smith told the group of students. Piper shuffled next to me, but I glared at her and shook my head.

She was the one who had cried, "oh my Alex!" during revenge time. I was still pissed off at the female population. They had all tried apologizing, but I said nothing and ignored them all.

A small sneeze escaped me and I sniffled. Great.

Raising my hand, I waited for the environmental science teacher to call on me. "Can I work alone?" I asked her once she gave me a nod.

Ms. Smith and Ms. Kalesse exchanged glances. They knew about the revenge but chose to ignore it. No need to ruin the trip.

"Sorry, Sandy, but no," Ms. Kalesse, my biology teacher said.

I just blinked back at her with a blank look. "I don't think it would be a good idea-"

"I'll be her partner," Julian said interrupting me. I looked at him trying to remain calm.

"Great," Ms. Kalesse said quickly. She turned to the rest of the people and told them to hurry up. Everyone needed to get their backpacks with the necessary things. We were going on a hike.

Next to me, Julian stood with a happy smile. "Isn't it a brilliant day?" he asked me as if there was nothing wrong.

"No," I muttered and then sneezed. "I want to work alone, Julian. Please go find another-"

"I'm fine."

I gave him an irritated look. The group had started moving. Grabbing my backpack from the ground next to me, I put it on and followed the group.

Behind me, I heard Julian sigh, nevertheless follow me.

It was going to be a long day.

¤》¤《¤

》》》Julian's POV《《《

Cassie stood in front of me, writing down the details of the non-native plant. Her face was red, eyes puffy, and body shivering slightly. It was most definitely from staying out in the rain last night. I had taken some medicine, but obviously, she hadn't.

"Why aren't you writing anything?" her voice broke my thoughts. Even her voice was different, showing she had a cold.

"Because I really don't care about plants," I replied with a grin. Frankly speaking, I hadn't any idea why the school put me in environmental science. The subject was interesting but only to a certain point.

"Well, don't you care about your grade?" She then sneezed and sniffled.

"Bless you." When I heard no reply, I continued, "Cassie, my focus is much more on learning about things I actually enjoy. No matter how hard I attempt, I simply cannot force myself to find interest in observing plants," I shrugged. Maybe interest in a person but definitely not plants.