"Where are we going ?"

He smiled and grinned, "Let's hang out. I've been meaning to eat out with you.."

-

"I don't know yet... It'll probably take me awhile to get used to being here."

The two of you finished eating your meals and decided to talk for a bit before leaving to catch up.

"You've been here for almost a year now.. You should talk to the others more."

"Yeah but, their bond is already so tight.. I don't really want to get in the way of that, you know ?" You replied passing a hand on your forehead.

"Maybe join a team then ? You get along with Laxus pretty well, don't you ? How about his team ?"

He'd heard from Makarov that you and the lightning boy had grown really close.

"Meh..." You played with the leftovers on your plate with your fork before eating the rest.

"Well, honestly, you're plenty strong on your own. You'll figure it out, kiddo. Don't stress about it too much, 'kay ?"

"Y-Yeah.. You're right."

He placed his hand on your shoulder and remembered what you had asked him to buy.

"Oh, here's your souvenir by the way ! You're lucky I almost remembered."

He pulled out a capsule containing a blue liquid lacrima from Crocus where he had spent the last few months.

You felt lonely when he had to leave since he was practically the only one you'd talk to. He didn't really know what to do with this until you suggested that he brings an item when he comes back.

"It's... so cool! Thanks for not forgetting !"

You held it up getting a closer look and smiled brightly. He looked at you enjoying the joyful look on your face.

Could you get any cuter ?

"Come here." He pulled you towards him and held you in his arms.

You didn't move at first which made him feel bad and as not to make you uncomfortable, he pulled away lightly.

When he looked back at your face, you smiled at him, your body getting warmer and warmer holding on to his cloak, nodding in confirmation.

And he brought you back into his arms with even more tenderness.

"Don't thank me, it was your idea after all. If I can get a sweet reaction like that, I'll never forget to bring you a souvenir, 'kay ?"

You nodded against him and started pulling away only for him to pull you back into the hug.

"Wait, don't pull away... Not yet."

He was prone to affection and after awhile not seeing you, he felt the need to shower you with it. What was it with you that made him want to do that ?

He suddenly stood up from his seat and grabbed your hand."Okay. Get up ! Let's take a stroll."

You walked around Magnolia, Gildarts showing you every touristic attractions and places that meant a lot to him.

You already had visited them but he still felt the need to show you. After all, he was the reason you were there in the first place.

He finally stopped at an hill. An hill that he liked to overlook the city from. This place meant a lot to him since it was extremely peaceful.

He walked the fence providing security and leaned on it, admiring.

You had stayed behind him though which he thought was because you maybe felt like you were invading his peace.

He knew how much you analysed minimal situations and so, to avoid that being the case, he called you over.

You stood next to him staring slightly at his face before looking out the hill.

"Pretty nice view, huh ?"

He stared at the city wishing to capture it in its beauty, completely enthralled.

Magnolia really was enticing with all of it's lights and joyful ambiance.

He hadn't had the time to witness it in awhile unfortunately.This was a pretty rare opportunity.Taking a deep breath, thinking of various things and--

"I like you Gildarts."

"..."

He didn't stop staring.  Or at least he couldn't.

He walked back to a nearby bench, taking your hand in the process.The two of you sitting down in complete silence until he spoke first.

"You know I can't give you an answer right ?"

"How come ?" You had turned around abruptly, confusion written all over your face.

"You know why.." He sighed, still not taking his eyes off the view, "Y/N, I'm pretty old.. What would others say ?"

"It doesn't matter what they think !"

"What do you even like about me ?" He leaned back frustrated.

"I just like you..." You brought your head down, the warmth of your body radiating even more onto him.

He stared at you, noticing your fidgeting body and smiled. Over the last year he'd come to very appreciate your presence. You weren't an issue at all, rather you made him feel the best he'd ever felt.

It was nice to have someone who he could help not make the same mistakes he had done. He didn't want to hurt your feelings, you were too precious for that.

He sighed once again, passing his hand through his hair.

"Tell you what.. Don't be scared. I'm not going to force you to stop liking me. That'd be terrible. But I do want you to at least reconsider this."

"Thank you.." you smiled at him. The smile so sincere and full of innocence that it made him blush.

He blushed ? He blushed. That hadn't happened in years.

He smiled back at you and stroke your hair.

"Let's keep watching.."

˚

It wasn't supposed to end up like this. But then again, all of this was his fault. He couldn't blame it on his flirtatious nature, he just simply should've known better.

It was an asshole move, huh? Flirting excessively with a girl who had feelings for him.

The train stopped, training him out of his thoughts once again. His stop was nearby and so he started packing but stopped when he saw a child holding a particular object.

'If I can get a sweet reaction like that, I'll never forget to bring you a souvenir, 'kay ?'

Suddenly, he remembered. He raised his hand, trying to catch the attention of a hostess.

"Excuse me, miss ? Do you have guys sell tokens ?"