chapter ¹⁵

1  m o n t h  l a t e r

"Thanks for helping me out guys!"

You, Natsu and Gray had just came back from town after buying a few purchases.
They'd been helping you for weeks now.

Natsu smiled and dropped the bags onto the floor. "No problem, Y/N! I'm glad I could help."

Gray was the next one to come in. And hearing Natsu's words, he wacked his hand on his head.

"You act like you're the only one helping her, stupid."

"What did you say?"

Ignoring their quarrelling, you set down the bags and placed them in their respective spots. You glanced back to them and noticed their wowed faces.

"Woah. What the hell happened here?" Gray looked up and down and advanced towards you. "It looks like a completely different place!"

The Dragon Slayer also complimented you on your apartment and patted your shoulder in appreciation.

You thanked them and led them to the sitting area bringing them food and water.

Munching down the food, Natsu looked at you and still chewing opened his mouth.

You had talked to Natsu about training with him, Gray and Happy. Initially just to have fun, the request eventually turned into a legitimate one. Since you didn't really use your magic to fight, you never were able to figure out it's full potential.

"What are you guys doing after this?" You questionned.

Gray heaved his shoulders up and down and stared at your place.

"What will you be doing, Y/N?" Natsu asked sitting down on your counter.

You walked near him and ruffled his head, smiling.

"Levy, Juvia and I are.. hanging out."

Hearing the name Juvia, Gray stood rapidly on his feet.

"We're leaving. C'mon Natsu, let's go." He said dragging Natsu alongside him rather forcibly.

You folded your arms holding a stoic face, "Stop mistreating him, stripper!"

"–Stripper?!

Natsu managed to escape his grip only to get dragged again.

"Yeah! Not so harsh, stripper!" He grinned while holding onto the door frame before, "Thanks for the food Y/N!"

Waving them goodbye, you sighed and swiftly turned around placing your hands on your hips.

"You can come out now!" You shouted gently, crouching down.

The white cat came out from under your couch and walked circles, nuzzling your leg.

Over the week the stray cat had been following you everywhere. So ultimately you had gotten used to his presence.

One day, while you were out, it began to rain and the thought of his whereabouts flew in your head. You weren't worried at all though. The people around had given him a box to get in in those cases.

But when you saw that he was completely soaked and that the box had completely flown away you finally decided that you'd take him in.

And so for the past week he had been hiding out at your house, as a guest.

However you were too weak to let him leave. Too weak.

"You win," You pet him enjoying how warm his fur is, "I've given in to your cuteness."