chapter ⁴

"Master ! I'm taking this job with Y/N. We'll leave tomorrow after sunset. I hope you don't mind that."

"Rare for you to take someone along." Master expressed, before looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Yeah, I guess," agreed Gildarts scratching his neck.

"It doesn't seem too hard for her. Take this seriously for me, alright ?" Forewarned Makarov.

"I'm an adult. I don't intend on entertaining her, don't worry." Gildarts reassured.

"I'm just making sure. You tend to not focus when... women are involved."

The S-class Mage sighed. It was understandable to doubt his involvement in this job. But he really was going to be careful.

"I see where you're coming from but I promise none of that will happen." He stood with a calm expression, "At least, nothing of the unusual."

Makarov sighed before giving him a pat on the shoulder.

°

"I'm back ! Why the long face ?" He asked confused.

"How could you possibly think I'd say no..."

"Y/N. Believe it or not you're extremely unpredictable." He grinned before putting his arm around your shoulder.

"Really ? I wasn't aware of that."

"It's a good thing you're not aware of it. It just adds another special quirk to your personality."

He mentioned, grinning widely making you chuckle a bit.

"Glad that made you laugh. Pack up alright ?" He smiled tenderly at you before letting you go and started walking away.

"We're meeting up tomorrow at 5pm. Try not to be late, 'kay ?"

°

T

H E N E X T D A Y

That morning, you looked at yourself in the mirror before concluding that you looked good.

When you left your apartment complex, you waved goodbye to your landlord and walked out.

While you strolled around you came across the neighborhood stray cat.

It was reportedly assumed that whenever someone came across the white cat on the street, they would get extremely lucky for the day.

"Thank you for gracing me with your presence today !" You said out loud, petting the cat.

He licked your hand and rubbed his face on your hand.

'I guess I'll get extremely lucky today !' You pumped your fist up in the air while it mewled.

"I'll see you in 2 days, alright ?" You waved him goodbye before walking away.

After bidding the neighborhood cat farewell, you made your way to the train station.

You assumed that you had arrived first since you hadn't seen Gildarts. You decided to take a book out to pass time.

That is until he ran up to you a minute later.

"Sorry, I'm so late. I'm not used to having someone wait for me.."

"It's fine. I didn't wait too long."

"I barely made it on time though. You're way too nice Y/N. You should be scolding me right now."

"It happens sometimes to arrive late. I-I'm not going to scold you for it."