11.

May 27, 2020
3:29 P.M

"I can't f*cking believe I don't have other songs to sing in!" Dae Jung muttered to himself, flipping through the thick stack of pages of the lyric packet. A bit of anger swelled up in his veins. He struggled so hard to become a trainee and all he receives is 3 lines in one whole album?

He glanced around the recording studio as the rest of the members were working hard on their lines. They were so focused that if Dae Jung left the room they wouldn't notice. Dae Jung counted how many times he had practiced his lines; 290 times.

But the rest of the members had practiced way more times than him. He sighed and rehearsed his lines for the 291st time. His lines seemed less exciting as he kept repeating them. It about 10 seconds to repeat them. In 10 seconds he could draw a perfect stick figure.

Dae Jung smiled a bit, remembering his days in High School. He had the same art class as Chaeyoung, who never felt comfortable with art when both of them were in 11th grade.

FLASHBACK

October 11th, 2014

Chaeyoung squinted at the directions on the board, "How the hell do we draw a whole human!?" She murmurs in difficulty next to Dae Jung.

Dae Jung chortles, "B*tch you can draw a stick figure." He joked, clasping his slender fingers around his pencil.

Chaeyoung widened her eyes, "Wait for real?" She asked, lowering her voice a bit.

He smirked, "Only if you wanna fail this class." He began to sketch shapes against his paper.

Chaeyoung playfully smacked Dae Jung's shoulder, "F*ck you!" She guffawed, then slowly began to pay attention to her assignment.

A few minutes later

Chaeyoung didn't even mark a single line on her paper. She never liked the concept of art in general. She just took it because Dae Jung was taking it as well. Her crush for Dae Jung was pretty big.

She tapped Dae Jung's shoulder, "Dae," She mumbled, so only he would hear her and no one else.

"Yeah?" Dae Jung replied, half of his attention on the assignment.

Chaeyoung's lips curved into a mischievous smile, "If you do my assignment for me, I'll give you 5,000 won." She stated as she batted her eyes at him.

Dae Jung turned towards her, "Ight bet!" He snickered, lightly dropping his pencil, "I thought someone said they were broke."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, "Stop sh*tting me! You said you liked art." She scoffed as she folded her arms.

Dae Jung grinned, "As a stress reliever, I do. Not to take bribes and complete other people's homework." Dae Jung remarked as he was nearly finished outlining his sketch, "Just try your best Chaeyoung. I believe in you."

Chaeyoung blushed and tried to hide her idiotic face, "Okay." She softly said and began to draw.

END OF FLASHBACK

Dae Jung heard muffled voices outside the room, not sure of who was speaking at the moment. Voices in this building were still a bit complicated to him. Some voices even sounded the same but belonged to a radically different person.

He had absolutely nothing to do. He was drowned in boredom, at the edge of falling asleep. His eyes were dry and his mouth moved to the same lyrics over and over again. What's the point of even practicing now? Dae Jung wondered, exhaustedly.