22. Ties and Lies

" No talking about it, okay? She'll go ballistics on us." Archer said quietly on the phone and Elara nodded as her eyes roamed around to ensure that she was alone and no one was eavesdropping.

" Okay, I'll meet you at seven then?"

" Yes, you will. Now go get her and yourself ready! Can't wait to see your pretty face." He whispered and she blushed looking down at her bare feet before hanging up.

Now was the time to execute their plan.....

She ran to the living room to check up on Romalda. She sat there looking at the pair of heels that came in the parcel, like it was an episode of The Office.

" Oh my god, Cathedral! Where am I going to find a tall redhead? You need one for our App lauches' photoshoot? That's impossible!" I pulled the phone to my ear and pretended to talk to Cathedral. I saw her head lift up to look at a mention of a photoshoot.

Romalda waved her hands in the air to gain attention from me and started jumping up and down like a monkey when I widened my eyes and smiled realizing my plan was working. And for her that smile meant, me realizing that she would be the perfect candidate for the non-existent photoshoot.

" Hey hold up Cath, I may have found the most perfect girl for it." I spoke slowly, nodding with each word while giving Romalda a sheepishly smile.

" Uh-huh, yes! So the photographer wants to meet to see the candidate? Give me a second please." I covered my phone and turned to face Romalda. Her face had reddened with excitement and matched with the hue of her hair.

" Yes, yes yes! Oh god yes!" She shouted with glee and rocked her head in a savage mannner and I rolled my eyes noticing that she was still copying Micheal Scott from The Office also wishing that she would repeat herself when the time comes.

" Oh hey, I just checked with the candidate and she can meet up within a couple of hours... What? A dress? As in a dress which you wear to restaurants?" I dramatically asked no one.

She nodded her head and mouthed something I couldn't make out and shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

" I have dresses, the ones that you wear to restaurants" She spoke louder this time and I raised both my eyebrows and nodded in acknowledgment opening my mouth to make a lie again.

" Oh sure, no problem! We'll see you at the location." I peaked up my excitement to execute our plan.

Romalda had no idea what we had planned for her.....

Meanwhile, Archer looked in the mirror to see Jasper sitting leaning against the wall, his finger threading his hair and pulling at them. Archer sighed while rolling his eyes, " Look,-"

"What if she says no?" He spoke in a slow and depressing voice. Archer turned to him, looking at him fully. He was crushing and ruining his suit. Looking up at Archer's hand, he grabbed onto it and stood up engulfing him into a manly hug, leaving Archer surprised.

" You were ruining your suit idiot!" Archer yelled pulling his tie from the counter and throwing the green on in his direction while wearing the red one himself.

" Look at us getting ready in your bathroom like two girls going clubbing, no offence to our girls." Archer remarked pulling his tie and checking in the mirror for any errors in his looks but finding none.

" Hey brother, It's time already. We should get going." Jasper said gelling his hair, giving him a sharp look. Archer checked the time by his wristwatch which was gifted to him by his girlfriend, " Yeah, chop-chop lover, meet me in two. I'll take out the car."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Is this too much El?" Romalda asked blinking her eyes multiple times to dry the second coat of mascara and then looking at Elara who sat on her bed, browned off.

" No actually, it really suits you. Go with the deep red for the lips." Elara suggested reaching for her contact lenses ditching her glasses which she would have worn under normal circumstances. But this night was special.

" El?" She called out, keeping the red tube back on the table and facing her with a deep sigh.

" Do you think Jasper and I would be, you know, a good couple?" She asked with a load of hesitation. Elara's head immediately shot up and her eyes widened. She cleared her throat, softening her expression, and then opening her mouth to speak again, " Remember a few months ago, when I and Jasper went over to Archer's for studying History?" She nodded and looked forward to hearing the rest. " Well, I and him talked when he finally confessed that he had feelings for you since grade seventh." I confessed and her eyes surfaced with tears.

" Oh, no, no, please don't cry! I have spent an eternity waiting for you to choose between golden or red eyeshadow. Please I beg you!" I pleaded to her controlling my laughter.

She paled and looked at Elara as if she had encountered a zombie who was going to eat her. Rage took over her and she threw a brush at me before we broke into fits of laughter and Elara pulled her out taking all the things we needed and I quickly texted Archer and Jasper as I sat in the car.

" Don't you dare! We're listening to Clara Mae, period." Romalda threatened, reaching for the AUX wire while Elara shook her head and laughed at her kiddish behaviour.
______________________________
" Bro seriously, you need to calm down, you're shaking!" Archer remarked jabbing him in his ribs, as they sat down at the table outdoors, in between the lush greenery. They had also booked one table on the treehouse, so Jasper and Romalda could get some privacy.

"You'll be shaking too, to be frank I'm more afraid of Romalda's anger than her rejection." He muttered and twisted the paper napkin in between his fingers crumbling it.

" Well, you're not wrong, she's not going to go easy on us." Archer sighed and lifted his head up to see both of their ladies coming towards them.

" Go, go, go they're here !" Archer whisper yelled pushing Jasper towards the tree house and stopping him briefly as he observed something.

" You're girl is wearing the red dress and mine is wearing the green one." He said as they exchanged their ties quickly before going inside the restaurant to hide.

"Wow, this is a nice place for casual meetings!" Romalda exclaimed and searching Elara's face for some type of reaction, bit finding none.

"I've been here before, we came here for getting ice cream." Elara explained.

"Come on now, go up, he's waiting for you." Elara's giggled held certain degree of excitement which was rare.

A part of her was already broken as she was going to tell Archer about her going away to New York next week.
She looked at her friend making it up to the tree house with a sad smile.

A pair of arms snaked around her waist and lifted her up and spun her around and she squeaked, already knowing who it was.

" Elara Nova Curtis, my sunflower, you look so beautiful, so exquisite that it hurts on my heart." His whisper in her ears tickled on her neck and she had closed her eyes, enjoying the moment, when they both heard a scream coming from above them....

It looks like Romalda had found out...