Her revenge

Rosand Republic
Teokeyn Forest
Village of Cidde
Helen Daviya POV

Recently the activity of human's inside the forest has increased and many villages have already fallen. The humans target our species to become slaves, seeing us not as people but as items. The demi-human republic is rarely ever seen as a nation as is constantly trampled upon by criminal groups supported by nobles from various kingdoms.

I pick up the bow my father used in the war of independence and I set out to patrol the outskirts of the village. I pass through many places that I still have fond memories of. The river where me and my sister used to play in, the garden me and my mother used to take care of, and the house my father used to live in.

Unfortunately, those days are gone.
My old village was attacked by bandits and my father died protecting us. I ran to the hidden cave my father always told us to hide in if someone attacks the village, but I look back to see they were caught.

I left them behind. My mother, my sister. The last thing I saw of them was their eyes looking at me as if asking why I left them behind.

The screams and the fire of the village, I will never forget. So when I arrived at this village I joined the militia to ensure that it never happens again.

I shake my head to keep away these memories that I try to forget. The memories that keep me awake. Even now when I try to rest I can hear their screams. The cries of my neighbor's daughter, the screams of the village warriors as they are cut down.

When I arrived in the village of Cidde I expected them to abandon me. What they did instead surprised me. They took me in with open arms, they kept me well fed and when their militia came back with my father's bow, I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to protect these people.

Oh how much I have realized that those thoughts were nothing but mere wishful thinking.
_________________________________________
Village of Cidde
3rd POV

They arrived at the village only to be greeted with a sight that could make any normal man sick.

The houses were burning, covered in blood. Countless corpses litter the fields. The men are slaughtered like animals while the women, even the children were dragged out into multiple wagons.

They see a fairly chubby man in the back screaming and pointing at people and soon his gaze makes its way to us. He shouts at his men to "Kill them! Leave no witnesses!"

Soon they were being charged at my multiple raiders. They all open fire at the raiders, Michael and Rick hitting accurate shots towards those who lead the charge, Robert mowing down multiple raiders, and Robert using his grenade launcher to decimate clumps of enemies.

The raiders try to make use of their shields but it was useless. Bullets penetrating their armor like a hot knife through butter.

The raiders, in fear, retreat only to be killed by the leader.

"You cowards! Remember who you idiots are loyal to! Me! Those who dare run will have their families sold as slaves once I return! Now go! Kill them!" The fat man shouts as he is surrounded by men in full plated armor with shields and arming swords.

Soon the raiders let out a desperate cry as they charge back towards them. A hail of bullets greet them and soon the raiders are decimated until only the leader and his guards remain.

The fat man was afraid but more so enraged that these strange men who showed up in weird equipment and crossbow-like weapons suddenly got in his way of getting more slaves.

"How dare you attack me! Do you even know who I am? I am Count Charles Hansen! I can put you and 3 generations of your family to dea-"

BANG

The knight in front of the Count falls with a hole in his armor.

More gunfire erupts as the rest of the Count's knights die filled with bullets.

The count stumbles back before running.

BANG

A bullet goes into the Count's leg before he falls on his face, crawling on his back the count begs "Wait! What do you want? I can give it to you! Money, women, influence? I can give it so let me go!"

Suddenly an arrow pierces the count skull.

Looking for where the arrow came from the soldiers look at a girl whose clothes were covered in dirt, her body battered and bruised, full of deep cuts from fighting. The woman held her father's bow in her hand and with a satisfied look on her face, she falls to the ground tired.

The soldiers rush to her, the last thing the elf thought of was that she finally got her revenge. 'Mom, dad, sis... I got my revenge... you can finally rest in peace in Álfheimr..."

That day Helen Daviya finay slept with a smile on her face for the first time in 3 years.