Chapter 2: Centre

"Well, well, well. I guess we have some uninvited guests from below." A woman wearing a red furry robe was looking underneath to Kinzel and the others with a wicked dreadful smile. It was Penelope Hamington, the leader of the Royals. The most competitive person in the city. She's been keeping her role as the Royals' president for over 3 years now, yet no one ever dared to take her crown. She laughed in excitement as she touched her hands over the faces of her captives, Loshiana and Miguel, who're standing straight next to her, strangling from the strong grasps of her soldiers. Their mouths are sealed with tapes and their eyes are filled with tears, asking for help as they saw their comrades hopelessly looking above them.

"We have to save them!" Vixen shouted at Kinzel, clenching her fist, almost digging her nails and making them bleed.

"Hello there! We didn't expect you to come over for this celebration. Anyways, do you have something to say for these two?" Penelope said and whistled as she waited for their response.

"We have to do something," Guilbert said, gritting his teeth. He couldn't stand looking at Loshiana and Miguel's desperate faces. They are crying in pain, the blood's running down their cheeks and bruises are all over their arms and legs. They barely move from their positions. Quinten who's standing still behind Cody anxiously grabbed something from his pouch and directly slashed it through the air, coming straightforward where Penelope's group are standing from above.

"Takedown!" He shouted. Everyone was moving to different locations, making themselves hide. At a split moment, he through the object, made it float up to the third level and a grenade exploded from above, making the Royals covered with dust and greyish heavy smoke. They couldn't hear anything, but the loud noise of dogs howling from the distant. The Lowies neighbourhood's lights began to shine. People woke up from their sleep and went out to the streets. Some from the Elites are also awoken and glanced over the third level.

Now, everyone's giving the attention to the Royals, who slowly stood from the ground, together with the captives. Penelope's face is raging red, full of lust to harm. She forcefully dragged the members at the edge of their level's centre, gripping their shirts to keep still their balance, she was smirking upon looking below.

"The hell... did you do... to my comrades. You still don't know your place...let me remind that for you!" Slowly, she released her grip from Loshiana and Miguel, making them fell rapidly in the air to the bottom. The fountain is still flowing its water freely. Cody suddenly rose from hiding at one of the trucks being parked at the side of the street. He swiftly ran towards the fountain, stretching his arms wide, his eyes glimmered through the dense smoke. The crystalline sufficient cold water slowly came outside the fountain, bursting! A large hand was formed with the water, catching both Loshiana and Miguel, absorbing them in the middle. They held their breaths as Cody slowly walked towards them, having great control over the water. He carefully let it touched the ground and eventually made Loshiana and Miguel stood in front of them. Both of them are wet. The water, fell to the ground, splashing to different directions. Everyone gathered behind them and look beyond the third level, seeing Penelope and her group's shocked faces, but eventually she smirked in awe at what happened.

"Oh, now a Resurrection power had appeared and stopped our elimination. We wanted to take this in normal silence, but I guess you wanted to be our guests and audiences. Sadly, the elimination didn't succeed." Penelope clapped her hands slowly. "You're maybe lucky for now, but destiny will always have its own way. We'll be seeing each other soon." She added and looked in the direction of Loshiana and Miguel.

"In your dreams, your highness!" Guilbert said in mockness. The woman just gave him a wry smile and eventually headed to their quarters with her group, slowly disappearing through the smoke. The Lowies stared at them for a while, including the Era. Loshiana and Miguel cried in tears as they met and embraced their friends. The others who tend to go for sleep, are kind of happy to see their comrade being back again. Despite of Era's appearance occasionally, there are still some who oppose their agenda. Some lost the hope of having a rebirth of a new system, some don't care at all. But most of them didn't bother to take part in it either, they didn't want to have any fight with the higher authorities.