As she walked into the classroom, she gathered attention to herself as always, it first started with low whispers before becoming a full blown noise.

She smiled before muttering I said it to no one in particular.

"Folakemi Don come o" osankwe hollered springing up from where he sat.

"We know, so keep quiet" Ebunoluwa retorted.

"Madam saje, I wasn't talking to you o" osankwe spat giving her a bitter look.

"Osaka, you had better keep your mouth shut before shut it now" Chioma said.

"So you can talk Abi, you think I look like Damilola abi" he replied.

And they kept exchanging words until the bell sounded, signaling the time for assembly.

**********

Anjolaoluwa's pov

I bit my finger as I walked out of the administrative block, it's an habit I just couldn't stop, call it whatever you want but bitting on my fingers eases a bit of my discomfort and I currently wasn't in anyway comfortable.

"Anjolaoluwa!" Folakemi's mum called out loudly getting not only my attention but the attention of the other students. I didn't even know she was outside, I expected she would have gone home or still be in the principal's office.

I quickly stopped biting on my fingers and walked toward her.

"You thought I didn't see that right?" she asked pulling my braids behind my ear making me smile awkwardly.

"You really should stop it, it's a bad habit" she said whilst I nodded in response.

She pulled at her bag and grabbed a polythene bag with the name Blanco boldly written on it and shoved it into my hands.

"You'll have to take this for lunch" She said gesturing for me to check the content of the bag which I did.

It contained some snacks and a fresh bottle.

"I haven't gotten your lunch pass from the bursary but unfailingly by Wednesday, you'll get one," she said apologetically.

"You should get going dear" she added placing a kiss on my cheeks before walking towards the car.

"If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask Folakemi," she hollered from the car.

"Have a nice day."

"Thank you, ma," I replied silently.

As soon as the car drove off, I immediately felt lost, confused and alone, I didn't even know where to go as I was surrounded by mobs of students.

I stepped down from the covet and immediately mixed into the multitude of students, the funny thing was how I stood out like a sore thumb, I looked so odd amongst them as I wasn't putting on any of the school uniform.

The principal asked me to come back to pick it up when the school closes.

I was putting on a Black flair skirt and a white round neck top coupled with black sneakers and white socks.

I continued following the other students like a lost sheep until we got to a part of the school with the name senior block engraved on the wall.

I immediately stopped and turned to look around again and I assure you, the outside of the school just didn't do justice to the interior.

Like I said earlier, the school was a blue coloured, four-cornered, three-storied building having a relatively ample middle space, it had beautiful flowers meticulously arranged by the edges and when I say something is large and lovely, just trust it really is.

For real I have never seen a school as big and beautiful as this is.

"Hello" someone called, I turned and saw two girls of about my age behind me, one was a darker shade than the other.

"Hey" I replied awkwardly.

"Are you a new student?" one of them asked.

"Are you lost?" the other one added.

"Yes I'm new and I'm a bit lost" I replied smiling sheepishly.

"Oh, I'm Adeshewa and my friend here is Cindy" the dark one said.

"Nice to meet you, you must be an ss1 student, I guess?" Cindy said stretching her hands for an handshake whilst Adeshewa hugged me, the girl has a bubbly aura whilst Cindy seemed quite.

"Come let's show you to your class' we are also ss1 students and we all would be in the same class for now," Adeshewa informed, pulling my hands.

We were about to step into a classroom when the bell rang; we were immediately almost run down by the students trying to get out of the class.

Adeshewa somehow forced our way through the other students and helped me drop my bag on an empty seat before dragging me out again.

I inwardly rolled my eye and followed her lead.