"How old were you when you met?" I asked curiously.

"We were five years old. He really helped me through my phase of the disorder I had. It didn't quite go away though until I left Shanghai." I nod thinking I was asking a lot of her to share something very personal to her. Of course I will eventually ask about her history with Ah Si, but now did not seem the time. We now have the situation that she knows I like her. I focus the conversations back on us.

"I know you like Lei and... with everything going on you finding out my liking towards you... I'm sorry you found out like that. You clearly wouldn't have feelings for me."

"I don't think I do," she answered, feeling a bit unsure. "My crush for Lei has been going on since our first year of senior high school." Another story I have yet to ask her about.

"You knew Lei back when we were in senior high school?"

"He was my stand partner in the orchestra and I was in his class, because we were both pursuing music. At the time I had no idea Lei was Ximen's friend. I only knew of Daoming Si." It makes complete sense now, but how could Lei not recognize Faye if they sat together everyday for a year? Faye seemed to be reading my mind.

"I looked quite different back then. I've changed my hair style completely since then and I no longer wear my glasses," she smiled sheepishly. "He wouldn't remember me, because we never talked to each other." I laughed more to myself at this.

"He never talked to you once and he was your stand partner?"

"I was a really shy person and he never... spoke to me. He was always so focused on the music and I understood since he was first chair. I know it's silly to have a crush on someone I never talked to..." she said slowly.

"How about..." I paused for a moment wondering if this was a good idea. "What if we try dating?" A look of uncertainty appeared in her expression.

"Meizuo..." She hesitates. "I think of you as a brother like I do Ximen. You said so yourself Ximen wouldn't be happy about the idea and I don't want to cause any trouble." I shook my head and took a step towards her.

"We won't tell Ximen for now. If anything this could show Lei that he can no longer have an affect on you. I would like to get to know you more personally Faye. Even if I know this may not work and somehow you end up with Lei, I'm okay with what you're comfortable with."

"B-But that's using you and what if Ximen found out?"

"We're not announcing our love for each other Faye," I smiled sheepishly. "I want to give you happiness in any way possible and want to show you what it's like to have a boyfriend. That's if you'll allow me to of course. As for Ximen, we'll make sure he doesn't find out unless we get to the point there is the possibility of our relationship being serious." She does not seem convinced. "Will you give me a chance Faye?" I asked nervously.

"What about yours and Ximen's nights out with girls?"

"I wouldn't talk to another girl while seeing you Faye. You will have my full attention if you allow me." It seemed she was thinking for a moment before she made eye contact with me before smiling nervously.

"I'll give us a try."

Faye Calinao

Meizuo broke into the biggest smile I've seen him since we came here. He took a step towards me to close the gap between us and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I allowed myself to wrap my arms as well and leaned my head against his chest. I felt safe in Meizuo's arms. He squeezed me slightly and I closed my eyes for a moment to let this sink in. It was my stomach grumbling that made Meizuo pull away and he looked down making eye contact with me and let out a light chuckle.

"You're hungry," Meizuo spoke. "Let's eat." He gently took the bag from me to place it on the flat surface of the railing. I turned around as he placed my container in front of me and handed over my utensil. I thanked him before opening the lid and my mouth waters at the smell poofing out of the container and the sight of the delicious noodles appeared into sight.

"Thank you Meizuo," I said happily as I inhaled the smell for a moment before digging in.

"You're welcome," I heard him say and we ate our brunch as we enjoyed the view of the beach in front of us. The sun was shining directly above and there was a gentle breeze that blew through my hair. We enjoyed our food in silence. I would squint once in a while to look up to the sky to see the birds flying from above.

Once we finished eating, Meizuo took out containers and threw them in a nearby trash. He came back to me and held out his hand to take. I took his hand feeling calm. He led us onto the beach where we took our shoes off and walked onto the sand towards the water.

///

Happy New Year!!🎊🎈

Hope everyone had a fun a safe celebration with loved ones. I spent the evening tuning, taking time with my cello; who I named Lei 🥰 and I also spent the time playing with the Nintendo Switch on the television with my siblings.

Next update: Wednesday