Where is Noona?

"Kook, did you see her? I literally left her here five minutes ago—"

"I know." He says, narrowed eyes sweeping across the people in the room. "I don't understand. She was here."

"Amin's missing?"

That girl next to Jungkook pipes up. Even when Kook tells her to hush, her voice only gets louder.

"Check the doors. She hates being around loud people— and that's exactly what this place is right now. Loud and full of people."

She runs towards one of the four balconies.

"She...may be right." Jungkook murmurs, and I leave them behind as I check the nearest one.

And the first thing I breathe in is heavy smoke, when it should be cold and clear.

Noona.

My heart crashes down to the bottom of my chest.

Her body is slammed against the wall by a man, who's pressing into her struggling figure.

And everything is faint after that.

I tear him off from her, eyes clouded with fury when I recognize the man. He's the one from BHM, the one who'd bothered Noona last time too.

"You damn bastard."

And now he'd touched her body.

Wrapping my hand around his neck, I crash my fist against the side of his face. I hit him again, and I'm about to hit him a third time when a weak hand grasps at my shoulder.

"Taehyung, stop."

Even after something like this, she speaks so calmly.

I snarl.

"I'm going to kill him."

"No, you're not." She says, and my eyes widen at her state. Her dress is ruined at the neckline, dark hair messy.

A furious shudder runs through my entire figure.

"Tae, let him go." She murmurs, but my hand just tightens even further. All I wanted to do was to break him, and she wasn't letting me.

"Let him go."

"Fine."

His body drops to the ground.

"Good boy." She whispers, reaching up to touch my cheek. "See— your asthma's acting up again. From the smoke."

I hadn't even realized I was breathing like this.

"You...knew." I rasp. "From the start, Noona? You knew all this time?"

"Of course."

And I'm there, to catch her when her legs give out. She laughs awkwardly when it does, embarrassment flushing her face.

"I can stand, Taehyung. Hold on."

"Amin."

My voice is full of pain.

"You don't have to act strong for me."

"Let me be the one to do that this time."

_________________________

AMIN

"That f****** b****!"

"I'm going to clock him so hard he won't even be able to get up in the morning!" Shilla yells, struggling furiously against Jungkook.

"Let go of me!"

"I'm going to get her calmed down." Jungkook says quietly, dragging my kicking best friend out of the room.

I can hear her yelling and protesting all the way down the hall.

And I look back at Taehyung, who has his face turned down to the ground. His head is buried in his large hands.

I bite my lip.

"....Tae."

He wordlessly lifts himself up. And he doesn't say a single word the entire time he comes closer, pulling me into his chest.

"I'm sorry."

"You should be." I say, narrowing my eyes. "For thinking that you should be the one saying that."

His fingers tighten around my upper arm.

"....I'm still sorry."

And when something cold touches my shoulder, I look up to see his dark eyes glazed with tears.

My stare softens.

"And why are you crying." I whisper, brushing my sleeves across his eyes. "Don't cry, Taehyung. It's fine."

"No."

"It isn't." He says shakily, letting go of me. He rubs his face, and looks down at me with reddish eyes.

"It's not okay."

"And I promise I'm going to make him pay for what he did to you."

I reach for him. He was so soft— and cute, no matter how much he tried to be something else.

"Aw. Will you?"

He nods, swallowing as he puts his head back between the crook of my neck and shoulder.

_________________________

"He sat me down on a chair like I was some freaking baby." Shilla says, clenching and unclenching her fists.

"And then he kept me there until he thought I calmed down."

And I remember, back at the party.

"Jungkook isn't bad." I coax, making her pout. "He just wants the best for you. Attacking the CEO of BHM would've gotten you fired."

She frowns. "Still would've done it."

I laugh.

"Thanks, Shilla."

"You know I'd do anything for you." She huffs, still looking angry even though it'd been a few hours already.

"That ugly idiot better not show his face in front of me again."