Twenty two

One month later

Michael's leaving today. And I'm really dreading it.

"Hey gorgeous." Michael said, coming up behind me and kissing my cheek. "Hey." I replied softly. "We should get ready." He suggested. I nodded and let him pull me away from the lounge room window and into our room.

"I really don't want to go." Michael said softly. "Stop saying that! I know you want to go and that's perfectly fine. I just wish it wasn't so long." I said miserably. "I know."

We got dressed and Michael took Lux for a walk while I got Scarlett ready.

At the airport, things got steamy. Everyone was there. Anna, Emily and even Luke's new girlfriend Willow.

We went down the line, hugging everyone goodbye. It broke my heart to see almost everyone in my life that mattered leave for such a long time.

Ashton gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and then a big bear hug. He then kissed Scarlett's head and bopped her nose. "Bye. Take care of the baby." He instructed me. "Okay Ash." I giggled and moved on to Luke. He did the same but gave me a sad look. He and I have come to be somewhat like brother and sister in these past months. Calum was full out crying by the time I got to him.

"I don't want to leave." He sobbed. "Oh my god Calum it's okay. I'll miss you but I promise we can be texting buddies and I'll text you all the time, okay?" I said and laughed. He then laughed to and hugged me. "Thanks Lily. You always know what to say."

"Michael..."

"Fuck I can't do this." He whimpered. I grabbed his cheeks in one hand. "You can. And you'll be back as soon as you can, you hear me?" I said. He nodded and kissed me.

"I promise I'll come home soon." He whispered. I smiled. "You do that." "I love you." He said and took Scarlett from my arm.

"Listen here missy. You be good to your mummy. Daddy will be back as soon as possible. I love you darling and don't you forget it." He said. Oh my god someone help. Scarlett reached up to him with her little hand and touched his face. Too cute oh my god.

I quickly snapped a picture of it with my awaiting camera.

"I'm sorry that was just too precious." I laughed. Michael smiled and handed Scarlett back to me. "I'll call when I land." He said. I nodded. "Hey mate, we have to go." Ashton said quietly, avoiding looking at me and Scarlett.

"Bye Lily." Michael whispered before backing away into the boarding pass.

I sat down and watched their flight leave. I don't know how long we all sat there, crying our eyes out. Eventually Anna got it together and pulled me away.

"Let's go home." She sniffled.

I nodded and followed her to the exit, Scarlett resting on my hip.

When we got home, I but Scar down for a nap and curled up in my bed, scrolling through all the pictures on my phone.

I paused at the one of Michael and Scarlett. It was the day she was born and Mike was holding her, she was grasping his finger in her tiny hand. Anna had taken it because I was asleep and later I forced her to send it to me.

I smiled as I made it my menu screen.

I slept like a baby for hours, until Anna woke me up for dinner.

She had taken Scarlett out of her crib and was feeding her a bottle when I came out of my cave and into the kitchen.

"I hope you don't mind... she was fussing." Anna said and gestured to my child. I waved her off and smiled. "It's fine. Thanks."

"I made chicken." She said softly. "Okay." I replied and ambled over to the stove, taking some baked chicken for myself.

"So... what are we going to do?" She asked. I shrugged. "I don't know. I was going to go back to work but I can't. Not with Mike gone." I mumbled. "What if we alternated shifts? Like you could work nights and I'll work days." She suggested. I nodded. "And when our shifts over lap we can just have Emily or someone watch Scarlett." I said.

"Yeah."

"That's a good idea."

"Alright. Well... I actually have to head in now so... you'll be okay right?" She asked. I nodded absently.

She handed me the baby and took off to get ready for work.

My phone buzzed on my hand.

Incoming call from: Michael :-)

I pressed the answer button and held it up to my ear.

"Hey."

"Hey Lily."

"I miss you."

"I know, I miss you to! We just landed in London." He said. "Okay. Tell everyone I said hi." I mumbled. There was a pause and he quite literally said 'guys Lily says hi' to everyone.

"Look babe I gotta to, I'm really tired. Love you." He said. "Love you to." I replied. He then hung up.

"Fuck!" I screamed.

Anna rushed out of her room. "What? What is it?" She demanded.

"Nothing, sorry Anna. Mike just called. They're in London." I explained. She looked sympathetic. "Oh... yeah. Okay. You sure you're fine?" She asked.

I nodded and she backed away, turning back into her room.

I wandered over to the lounge room and sat on the couch, channel surfing.

There's nothing on tv.

Scarlett fell asleep so with new found skill I put her in her bouncer and turned on Netflix, switching on Titanic because I was in that kind of mood.

Every damn time I cry.

"Don't ever let go. AND THEN SHE FREAKING LETS GO WHAT THE HELL LADY I THOUGHT YOU LOVED HIM." I screeched. Quickly, I slapped a hand over my mouth, squinting at the sleeping child on the floor.

Thankfully, she didn't wake up.

I finished the movie and then moved on to If I Stay.

Shut up I'm sad today and sad, romantic chick flicks are exactly how you handle this situation.

After a while I moved us back into the bedroom and went on twitter.

@michael5sos: I miss you 😭

Awwww I'm gonna cry what the hell Mikey.