Nineteen

The next day

Lily's POV

To be honest, having a baby pushed out your vagina was not the worst part about having a baby. It's the fact that they don't sleep for more than two hours at a time. At least not yet.

Michael came and got us at noon, like I told him.

"How are you feeling?" Michael asked as soon as we had gotten into his rental car. "I'm fine. Just tired as hell." I mumbled. He smiled and took my hand, squeezing it. "Let's just get home and you can rest, for as long as you want. I can handle her for a while." He suggested. I leaned my head back on the back of the seat. "That would be great, thanks." I agreed.

Instead of going to my flat, like I expected, we went to his.

It was bigger. And the boys wouldn't be home for a few more days.

"I set a crib and supplies up in my room. You can either take my bed or the couch, your pick." Michael offered. "I'll take the bed, thanks. Can you move the crib to the living room or something and just watch tv?" I asked. He nodded.

We set Scarlett down on the living room carpet and I helped him move the portable crib over by the couch.

I then went back to Michael's room and just about collapsed on his bed, asleep.

I woke up and it was dark. The clock read 9pm. Wow. I slept for almost 9 hours!

I tip toed into the hallway and watched Michael in the living room. The tv was on, playing some random show but he wasn't paying any attention to it. He had Scarlett in his arms and was singing to her. She must've been crying or something.

"You're so beautiful,

But that's not why I love you,

I'm not sure you know,

That the reason I love you,

Is you,

Being you,

Just you,

Yeah the reason I love you,

All that we've been through,

That's why I love you,

La la la la la."

I clapped from the doorway. Michael turned around and looked at me, clearly embarrassed. "What? It's not like I haven't heard you sing before. And that was really cute." I explained. "Thanks. She seems to like it." He said sheepishly.

I sat down beside him and held my arms out. He handed me Scarlett. "Did you sleep well?" He asked. "Yeah, thanks for that." I replied. "No problem. Are you hungry?" He asked. "Yes! Can we order pizza?" I asked.

"I was hoping you'd say that." He replied, grinning.

We ate pizza, moved the crib into Michael's room and went to sleep. Well, Michael did, I couldn't because I had only been awake for about an hour. Every time Scarlett fussed or made too much noise, I'd take her into the living room and quiet her down so Michael didn't wake up. He deserved sleep.

The next day, Anna came over for a bit, although she didn't want to leave Lux for too long because apparently she misses me and is having serious anxiety issues. Poor baby.

"When are you coming home? Your dog is tearing up our house." Anna complained. "I don't know. I'm not sure if I want to introduce Lux and Scarlett yet. I think I want to wait a little longer." I explained. "Well then leave Scar with Mikey and come visit for a while." She persisted. "Okay, okay. I'll come over for a few hours." I finally agreed.

As soon as I walked in the door to my flat, Lux freaked out and started running around. "Lux! Calm down girl!" I scolded. She immediately sat and waited for the next command.

"Good girl. Chill, okay?" I giggled. She cocked her head and wiggled around, attempting to wag her tail and sit at the same time.

I plopped down on the floor next to her and she flopped over so I could rub her belly. Aw.

"So what's it like to be a mum?" Anna asked. "Tiring." I replied. She laughed. "I still can't believe it..."

"Yeah. Uh, I'll probably come home when the guys get back. Which is in like two days. It'll be too crowded for us to stay there." I explained. She nodded understandingly. "That's fine. I didn't want to pressure you or anything, I was just curious." She said quickly.

"So... do you wanna just chill? Watch a movie or something?" I asked. "Yeah sure." Anna said happily. She picked out a movie while I got the snacks from the kitchen.

I sat down on the couch beside her and watched the opening scene to Mama. What? We love this movie.

After the movie was done, Anna suggested we take Lux for a walk.

So we took her out on her leash and walked around the block and to the park. Lux pranced around and sniffed random things, enjoying herself.

All too soon, I had to go back to Michael's flat.

"Bye girl! I'll be home in a few days." I assured Lux. I stood up and turned to Anna. "I'll be back soon. Michael will probably be spending a lot of time around here, just so you know." I warned her. "Ugh fine. I guess he's not as bad as I initially thought." She admitted. I smiled and patted her cheek. "You're the best."