Seventeen

One month later

Calum's POV

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Calum! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang.

We're in Chicago today and everyone sang me happy birthday! So cool.

"Calum, I have something to say." Luke said into the mic. "Oh god. This better not be embarrassing." I whined. "Don't worry, it's not!" He said, smirking.

"Calum. Dearest Calum. I'd like to thank you. For being my best friend in the entire world. And the bassist of my band. You really rock at it. You're funny and nice and apparently a ladies' man. Sort of like me, only not quite as good. So yeah. Thank you for being awesome." Luke faked choked into the microphone. The entire crowd laughed. "Luke, that was beautiful." I said. "Thanks! I worked on it all night."

"Thank you for being awesome Calum!" Michael yelled. "Yeah! You're awesome Cal!" Ashton shouted from behind his drums.

My phone buzzed with texts.

From Anna 💞 (yeah I added that heart): HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD! I hope you have a wonderful day :)

From Lilyooo: happy birthday cal! Fantastic show btw (there's a livestream and I'm watching) have a great day!!

From mum: happy birthday Calum! Call me later!

From Mali: happy birthday u lil shit ;)

I rolled my eyes. I'm loved.

But OMF Anna remembered my birthday! Eeep! She makes me so nervous, I love it!

After the show, the security guards brought in tons of gifts for me. Fans gave the strangest gifts! I received several bras and female underwear (some of them were very inappropriate!), sunglasses, shirts, phone cases, phone numbers and cards with like 8 paged heart felt letters attached. Someone bought me condoms and lube.

I sent a picture of my gifts to Anna because I knew she'd find them hilarious.

"Wow. Condoms and lube! Better not be using that any time soon!" Ashton joked. "Go to hell." I muttered and swatted his hand away. "Eeesh! Someone's on their period." Luke howled from his bed. "Luke you don't even know what a period is." Michael pointed out.

"Do to!"'

"Then what is it?"

"I um... It's when a girl... yeah."

"Told you."

"Shut up Clifford!" Luke mumbled. "Please go to bed, I'm really tired and to be honest I just to go home." I pleaded. "Okay birthday boy is tired so we have to be quiet now, Lukey." Mikey teased.

Luke climbed into my bed."Cuddle." He said simply.

I rolled my eyes but allowed him to curl up next to me and fall asleep. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep as well.

We drove all night and when I woke up, we were an hour outside Seattle.

"God, it's cold!" Ashton whined. He pulled his hoodie tighter around him. "Don't worry Ash, I'll keep you warm!" Michael shouted and ran over to him, hugging him. Luke whipped out his phone and quickly snapped a picture. "That's going on twitter!"

Ten seconds later my phone buzzed with a twitter notification.

@Luke5SOS: total mashton moment :-)

I laughed and favourited the tweet. "I'm hungry!" Michael complained. "You're always hungry." I pointed out. "Yeah but I really want cake right now." He said.

Luke jumped at me and landed on me, forcing us onto the ground and laid on top of me, hugging me tightly. "He said he wanted Cake." He laughed in my face. "Okay, I love you buddy but you're crushing me so please get off." I said. He rolled off me and stood up, brushing himself off and helping me up.

"Too bad we didn't get a picture of that." Ashton mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and searched helplessly around the bus for food. Literally everything was gone and we just stocked up like two days ago!

What? Teenage boys love food...

"My phone says we're ten minutes away. We should probably get ready for fans... and paps." Luke announced. I groaned. "I'm really not in the mood for paps." "No one ever is." Michael agreed.

I changed into skinny jeans, a nirvana t-shirt and vans.

Michael was already dressed and smiling down at his phone. My guess is he's texting Lily or something.

Soon enough, we were parked outside a massive hotel. A crowd was formed outside and security was trying and somewhat failing to keep them back. Quickly, we opened the door and walked outside. Immediately cameras flashed and people started screaming stuff at us.

"Michael, is it true that you're planning on proposing to your pregnant girlfriend?"

"Luke, are you really dating a model?"

"We love you guys!"

"Ashton you sexy!"

"Nice ass, Calum!"

I grinned at that. "Thanks!" I shouted back.

Finally, we made it to the hotel which was relatively calm inside. There were a few people inside but they were utterly uninterested in us. For once.

"I am so glad to be in a place with a real shower!" Luke exclaimed. "Me to." I agreed.

Our security team and manager organised everything and gave us our room keys. Luke and I were sharing, so were Ashton and Michael. Damn it, I like it when we get out own rooms!

We ran up to our rooms and I immediately jumped into the shower. It's been like a week since we've stayed in a hotel and my hair was getting quite greasy!

After showering, I flopped down on the bed Luke hadn't claimed and opened up my phone. Twitter was, of course, blown up with pictures of us getting off the tour bus. There was a rather unattractive one of me with my mouth open and hair flying everywhere. Ew.

I tweeted a quick hello to the fans on the band account and then logged off. We had a rehearsal at the stadium of our next show tonight at six.

Ashton looked completely exhausted. Michael had bags under his eyes but was smiling. He obviously couldn't wait to get home. Luke was actually sleeping on Michael's shoulder and I was practically dead on my feet.

"God why can't we do this tomorrow? There's plenty of time! We have an interview at noon and the show doesn't start until seven!" Ashton whined.

"This is ridiculous." I agreed.

We hardly did anything at rehearsal. We messed around with Amnesia and played She Looks So Perfect. That's it.