Chapter 23.2: The Flayed.

sneak peek 

<<•••>>

The Wheelers

The sprinklers go off in the front yard as Nancy explains what's wrong to the party.

"So, what happened?" Y/n watches before Nancy.

"It was the same thing. The exact same thing that happened to Will last year."

"What was?"

"Driscoll. Look at the body temperature." Nancy places the paper on the desk and everyone looks at it. The paper says Ms. Driscoll's temperature was at a 95' on 7/1/85. 

"He likes it cold." Will looks at Y/n calmly but frightened as it brings back memories of last year.

"So, does this mean that we have to do what we did to get the mind flayer out of Will?" Y/n asks them as she places her hand on Wills softly and rubs it.

"Let me get this straight. So, this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer--" Mike goes on but Nancy interrupts. 

"--Mrs. Driscoll."

"Right, yeah, Mrs. Driscoll. What time was this attack?"

"Last night."

"What time last night?" Y/n interrupts. 

"Uhm, around 9:00" Nancy glances at Y/n then looks back a Mike.

"You waited all night to call?" Jonathan puts his hands on his hips then looks at Nancy.

"I was waiting for the doctors to run some tests."

"You weren't there?" Will asks Jonathan accusingly.

 "Well, I'm here now, aren't I?"

Nancy rolls her eyes as her arms meet into a crossed arm position. "Hallelujah!"

"Ooh." Lucas looks away.

"Um, so, wha--what time was your...sauna test?"

"Around 9:00." The party says in unison. 

"Well, that proves it. That proves my theory."

"She's flayed, just like Billy." Y/n looks at Nancy sorrowfully. 

"Flayed?" Jonathan looks at Y/n.

"The Mind Flayer. He flays people." Mike explains.

"Takes over their mind." Y/n adds. "Once they do that, they basically become him."

"If there are two flayed--" Lucas looks at Mike then Nancy.

"--We have to assume there's more."

"Heather." El quietly looks at the ground then Max and Y/n. "Billy was doing something to her. She was scared. She was screaming. Bad screams."

"What's a good scream?" Lucas raises an eyebrow.

"Max said--"

"Doesn't matter." Max quickly interrupts then looks at a chuckling Y/n.

"I'm sorry, I'm lost. Who is Heather?" Nancy crosses her arms once more.

"The lifeguard at the pool, I'd think you know who that is?" Y/n says to Nancy then looks at Jonathan.

"Heather Holloway?" Nancy raises her hand up watching everyone nod then looks at Jonathan.

"Tom." Jonathan and Nancy say in unison. 

Nancy heads straight to the car, everyone following behind her. Jonathan gets in the front, Max, Lucas, and El get in the back, and Will, Mike, and Y/n stand watching everyone go in.