Chapter 22.3: The Plans.

<<•••>>

StarCourt Mall

Robin parks her bike outside the Mall. She goes to the Scoops Ahoy back room, laying out blueprints. 

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorder's Office. StarCourt Mall." She places down the StarCourt Mall blueprint. "The Complete blueprints."

"Not bad." Dustin says smiling at Robin.

"So, this is us, Scoops, and this is where we want to get." Robin says pointing at Scoops Ahoy on the blueprint, then at the door that the Russians are blocking.

"I mean I don't really see a way in." Steve says to Robin looking at the blueprint.

"There's not, if you're exclusively talking about doors." 

"Air ducts." Dustin says smiling at Robin.

"Exactly. Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room." Robin says going to the whiteboard and grabbing a red marker. "And these air ducts." She says circling the secret room and drawing a line to Scoops. "Lead to...Here." She circles Scoops and they all look at the air vent in the room.

Steve takes the vent cover off as he has a screwdriver in his mouth; he's on a ladder. "Flashlight."

Dustin hands the flashlight to Steve as he switches out the screwdriver with the it. Steve turns the flashlight on and looks through the vents. "Yeah, I don't know, man. I don't know if you can fit in here. It's like..super tight." Steve says climbing down the ladder.

"I will." Dustin tells his moving out of the way then grabbing the flashlight. "Trust me. No collar bones, remember?"

"Uh, excuse me?" Robin says looking at Steve who jumps off the ladder and Dustin climbs up.

"Oh, he's, uh..Yeah he's got some disease. Chry, uh...It's chrydo, um..Something. Yeah, I don't know. He's missing bones and stuff. He can bend like Gumbo." Steve tells Robin as Dustin looks through the vents.

"You mean, Gumby." Robin corrects him.

"I'm pretty sure it's Gumbo." Steve corrects Robin.

"Steve, just shut up and push me!" Dustin says as he's stuck in the vent.

"Okay." Steve says boredly as he pushes his feet. "I'll push ya."

Robin looks at them squinting her eyes.

"Not my feet, dumbass. Push my ass." 

"What?" Steve says still pushing his feet.

"Touch my butt! I don't care!" Dustin yells from inside the vent. Steve pushes his bottom. "Come on! Harder! Push Harder!"

"I'm pushing!" Steve says starting to grab his legs, shoving him in.

"You're playing with my legs!" Dustin yells at Steve.

"I'm not playing I have terrible footing!" Steve says trying to push him in. Robin shakes her head sarcastically.

"Come on!" Dustin says squirming in the vent.

"I'm gonna gonna shove you, ready?"

"Just shove me?

"One, two.." Steve shoves dustin into the vent but it doesn't work.

"Shit." Dustin says not budging. 

"That work?"

"One more time!" 

Robin rolls her eyes and looks at Erica who's ringing the service bell.

"Ahoy, sailors! All hands on deck! Ahoy!" Erica says irritated, still ringing the bell. "Get over here and serve me some samples!"