Chapter 22: Code Red!

<<•••>>

Max's House

El is brushing her teeth, she remembers what Billy said earlier.

"I'm sorry, I did not quite catch your names."

She remembers finding Heather in a bathtub and Y/n finding the bloody whistle.

El looks into the mirror. 

"Which one?" Max says holding up two comics, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. 

"I don't know." El says getting into Max's bed.

Y/n is sitting on Max's bed as well. "Oh, I say Wonder Woman all the way!"

Y/n and Max notice that El looks confused; and a bit worried.

"Hey, you okay?" Y/n says scratching her arm.

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" Max assures her.

"It doesn't make sense." El tells us.

"What doesn't make sense?" Max asks.

"Heather. The blood, the ice." 

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now. That has to be it. I don't know where that blood came from, but..we saw her. The three of us saw her. She's totally fine." Max says to El, then Y/n.

"What about Billy?" Y/n asks them.

"What about him?" 

"H-He seemed wrong. Unusually nice, I mean, when will you find Billy like that?" Y/n tells them.

"Wrong is kind of like his default. But, I see where you're coming from." Max tells Y/n.

"But, I mean it's nice to know he's not a murderer, because that would've totally sucked." Max says chuckling, El and Y/n laugh.

El looks at the Wonder Woman comic on the bed.

"Who..is that?"

"I'm guessing we'll have to teach her everything she needs to know." Y/n says to Max.

"See, this is why you can't just hang out with Mike all the time." Max says to El, then looks at Y/n.

"That's Wonder Woman, AKA Princess Diana, El." Y/n says to El as she slides into her sleeping bag.

"She's from Paradise Island, which is like a hidden island where there are only women Amazon warriors." Y/n hears Max telling El as she starts to doze off. 

<<•••>>

Ms. Driscoll's House

Ms. Driscoll is in an ambulance strapped down to a stretcher.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" Ms. Driscoll screams.

"Doris, we need you to stay calm for us, okay? Stay calm." One of the nurses says trying to hold her down.

"I HAVE TO GO BACK! I HAVE TO GO BACK. I HAVE TO GO BACK!" Ms. Driscoll yells out again. 

Nancy, Jonathan, and Officer Callahan watch in terror as Ms. Driscoll yells, and gets taken away in the ambulance.

"Okay, so, you two want to explain what in the name of Jesus just happened here?" Officer Callahan says nervously. 

Jonathan has his arms around his neck as Nancy just watches the ambulance leave.

Inside the ambulance, the nurse is behind Ms. Driscoll about to get a shot ready. Ms. Driscoll screams, but it's muffled because she has a ventilator on. She manages to get her arm out of the strap, shrieks, and reaches out for something. The ambulance passes Brimborn Steel Works.