Forty Six

-Yellow-

-look at the stars and how they shine for you-

-and everything you do-

Vena didn't wake up for another week. Seven days, she was asleep, which also included missing the last Quidditch game. When she woke up on the eighth day, her brother was alerted immediately.

Draco had come in with Blaise and Theo, and though he would never admit it, she knew Theo was crying.

Apparently, Vena wasn't the only one who had to sit out for the last game. Due to the incident, Harry had to sit out. And even though Gryffindor was out of their main Seeker and Beater, they managed to pull through and win.

How it was possible, Vena had no clue.

The quartet spent the whole day talking, until Blaise and Theo eventually left. It wasn't until it was nearing midnight when Madam Promfrey sent Draco out. He wasn't allowed to spend the night, but he was welcome to come back tomorrow morning.

She couldn't sleep, as her sleep was filled with nightmares. Common recurrences were the Dark Lord, her dying, and Draco facing the same fate. So refusing to sleep, she sat up in her bed at three in the morning, fiddling with her family necklaces.

Toujours Pur. Always Pure.

Sanctimonia Vincet Semper. Purity Will Always Conquer.

Two honorable bloodlines, shared between her and her brother. The weight of the centuries of pride and success on their shoulders. Carrying such an honorable name has never felt heavier to Vena than this moment.

She jumped when she saw the doors open. Due to the darkness of the room, she couldn't make out who it was. As the figure came closer, she saw him. Harry.

He looked miserable. It had been two days since the incident, and he looked like he hadn't slept at all. He walked guilty over to her, and stood at the end of her bed.

"I know you don't want to see my face," he said, "but I want to explain everything to you. And I mean everything."

Knowing Harry wasn't going to take no for an answer, she nodded. Harry kept a respectable distance, knowing that it wasn't the best time to get close to her.

His legs were shaking, and he kept fiddling with the ends of his black jumper. It was the one Vena had gotten for him.

"This is the potions book I took from Professor Slughorn's cabinet. It was old, and had markings all over it. The makings were notes, which improved the potions in the book. That's how I was able to make the perfect Drought of the Living Death. It wasn't just notes, though. There were spells. One of which, was the spell I used on you."

Vena looked up at Harry, and saw the truth behind his eyes. Vena didn't know what to think. She wished that someone could tell her how to feel. "Did you know what it did?" she whispered brokenly.

Harry bowed his head in shame. "No. God, no. I didn't'. I never would've used it if I knew what it did. I plan on hiding it. I want it to be somewhere where no one will find it."

"I know a place," she said.

Her... something frowned. "Where?"

She bit her lip, wondering if it were worth it. If it were worth it to show him a place that her and Draco had spent so much time in. If it were worth it to bring him so close to the darkness that was on the other side of the cabinet.