Fifty Six

-I Found-

-then if you talk enough sense-

-then you'll lose your mind-

The following day, the Gryffindors had Defense Against the Dark Arts. Or, under its new name, Dark Arts. It was clear what the new curriculum would be, and Vena was not looking forward to the class.

Unlike Alecto's class, which will mainly be lectures, practical magic is needed for Dark Arts. Which means at some point, Vena and her classmates will be performing dark magic on each other. She wouldn't expect anything less from the Carrows.

She once again had class with the Slytherins. NEWTS were no longer a thing at Hogwarts, so everyone was required to go to all classes.

Vena wondered how end of the year exams would work, and wondered how anything at Hogwarts would get done at all.

How were anyone supposed to get jobs when they all had the same resume? Obviously the Slytherins or anyone associated with Death Eaters would get the job, but what about everybody else?

Vena pushed all of her worrying about the future away. She couldn't worry about the future, not when her present is so uncertain. There were too many variables to worry about and if Vena overthinks every single one, her brain would explode.

She buried the thoughts away, and brought her mind back to reality. It seem that the students once again had assigned seats in class, and Vena sat next to Seamus this time.

Instead of listening to the lecture like yesterday, Vena drifted off. She was glad that she did, and had missed doing this action. Once she had realized that it had fell away from her routine, Vena felt lonely without it.

She missed not paying attention to anything and simply letting her mind let go. Her mind had taken over, and drifted into whatever popped up.

She thought of Harry, which Vena didn't mind. She wondered where he was, and how he was doing. He told her how Dumbledore had left him, Hermione, and Ron a mission to search for Horcruxes, way back when she had visited him at the beginning of summer.

She hoped that they had already destroyed some, because they are the keys to killing the Dark Lord, and Vena wants him gone as fast as possible.

She hoped that his mission was going successful with Ron and Hermione, and she selfishly hoped that he missed her just the same.

Suddenly, Vena found herself lying back in the field of forget-me-nots, wrapped in Harry's arms.

She tilted her head back to look at him, and saw that he was already smiling down at her.

"Hi love," he said tenderly.

She returned his smile. "Hi," she said, kissing the side of his jaw.

Harry opened his mouth to say something, but the sound of a chair pushing back brought her to her senses. She looked in the direction of the noise, and saw Neville standing up, the same as yesterday, in Muggle Studies.

He had the same look of rage, with his glare and knuckles white. While she respected Neville's newfound bravery, she knew it was idiotic.

Drawing attention to himself is only going to make it worse. He's already made himself a target. Vena doesn't know how he's going to last the rest of the year.

Amycus tilted his head. "Longbottom, is it?"

"Yes," Neville said, narrowing his eyes at Carrow.