Fifty Three

-Game Of Survival-

-are we the hunters-

-or are we the prey-

Vena was sick of waiting.

Her and Draco were waiting in the drawing room with their mother, waiting to find out what happened at the Ministry. She doesn't even know why her father had to go, as he didn't even have a wand.

But Vena was secretly grateful. While she hated waiting, being in the middle of the action was way worse. She didn't want to fight innocent people and be apart of the group that kills the Minister and takes over the government. It just wasn't really her cup of tea.

Her mother was pacing back and forth, and Vena was going to go crazy.

"Mother, please stop pacing," she pleaded.

Her mother stopped. "Sorry, dear, it's just that I think I'm going a little stir crazy."

"That's okay, mother," Draco said from his seat at the table.

Her mother smiled at him. "Thank you, dear."

Her mother turned around and walked over to the window. Vena locked eyes with Draco, and smirked.

"Momma's boy," she mouthed at him.

"Fuck off," he mouthed back, making Vena giggle.

"I think I'm going to head to the library, just to take my mind off of things," he mother said, still looking outside the window.

"Okay mother," Vena and Draco said simultaneously.

Her mother walked over to them, and kissed the top of their heads. When she left the room, Vena closed her eyes and put her head on the table, waiting for someone to come back.

Vena didn't know what was wrong until she felt something wet touch her hand. She took her head off the table and looked down at her hand underneath the table, and saw black blood flowing down her left hand.

Grunting in pain, she lifted the black sleeve of her dress to see black blood bleeding profusely out of the scar. The pain only seemed to get worse.

The blood wasn't simply blood. It was as if her blood was boiled, and set her arm on fire.

Her brother winced, and lifted up the sleeve of his suit.

"We're being summoned," he hissed.

She nodded and stood up, but winced when she stood up too fast. She could feel the color draining from her already pale face. Draco rushed over to assist her.

"Come on. I'll heal you, but other than that there's not much I can do. This is Dark Magic."

Vena bit her lip, and waved him off. She went to her wardrobe and selected her black cloak and Death Eater mask. "I'll be fine. This happened when the Dark Lord was punishing us last week."

Draco's eyes widened. "This has happened before?"

Vena nodded. "Let's get this over with."

He exhaled sharply, and took out his wand. He lifted her arm up gently, and whispered, "Tergo."

Nothing happened.

"Yeah, some healer you are," Vena remarked.

"Shut up," he snapped, and grabbed onto her arm so the two could apparate to wherever the Dark Lord needed them to be. She hoped it wasn't the Ministry.