Chapter 7 - Weird Appetite, Finding Clues

"K-KEEP YOUR HANDS UP!!" One of them said, "Search him, check for any weapons."

Shit the gun, I still have it on me.

One of them had patted me down and eventually found he gun which just so happens to be in my pocket.

"Why do you have his on you? What were you planning to do with this?" The cop bombed me with a series of questions.

"E-errr there were two cops the other day that came and said that some students had died next door... so I wanted to get a gun to defend my self in case someone attacks me."

"Didn't they say the cause of death was Total Organ Failure? What's the point of having a gun..." the cop eyed me down, his was suspicious of me no doubt. The accompanying officer gave me a death stare, probably monitoring my every move like my body language, tone of voice, eye movement, anything that could lead them to solving the deaths of the students next door.

"What were you doing today? You left school compounds awfully early today but where did you go..."

They've been taking note of me... did something alert there suspicion? How did they know where I was.

"Er. I had Bacon with cereal and..."

Shiki was cut off

"I don't want to hear that anymore. It sounds disgusting" one of the officers cut me off.

Thankfully, the two officers were in a rush for something else and were just about to leave for the stairs when...

"We'll be taking this gun and leaving" one of them said.

And almost immediately after that,

*382 New Infected*
* 237 New Recoveries*
*400 DNA Points Gained*
"Eek!" I let out a squeal when I saw the pop-up virus notification.

The two cops turned around with a puzzled expression, it was like I could almost read their faces. I read "what the hell is this kid doing"

"Oh it's nothing, I'm having a bad hiccup day today."

I quickly walked into my apartment and closed the door quickly behind.

Holy shit, that notification almost costed me. Thankfully, those cops weren't the brightest or else they would have already picked up on my suspicious behaviour.

Urghhh, and that weapon I just bought, it didn't even last an hour with me, I was so prepared to give it a cute name as well. (>.<)

The apartment was looking pretty neat compared to when I first got here. A queen-sized bed in the middle of the living room with a mini closet and a table lamp by its side. Coupled with its own kitchen room with a fancy miniature fridge and every NEET's dream, the microwave.

And now for lunch, cereal crumbs and Apple juice. There was a saying that went on something like "An Apple a day keeps the doctor away" so I'm hoping Apple juice would be able to substitute it. I would never want to see a doctor, after all I'm a virus.

There were about 5 different Brand's of cereal here and I chose the hardest one, great to snack with Apple juice, worked just like a biscuit.

Wand I needed another weapon yet again, but I really couldn't be bothered about it.

As Shiki indulges himself in his witch concoction of a meal, he wonders about how the cops were persistently finding and tracking him. It was strange that they could even know when someone next door died, they must've had some sort of tracker on every person. The type that could show location and also a heartbeat of someone.

Shiki went towards the school loaned computer and went on incognito mode, searching up on these 'Tracking Devices', he poured a cup of Apple juice into a bowl before adding a few bits of cereal to it and stirring.

He then drank it carefully, not letting a single bit be wasted

"An Apple a day keeps the doctor away"

Maybe he could use apples as a self defense mechanism, who knows whether it could come in use.

*As a child, sadly Shiki was extremely gullible. His parents would often give him misleading quotes in order to get him to eat some foods.

Ah there it is!

"Personal Tracking Liquid"

It seems to have been implemented to everyone from my age and below, and if an older person requests for it they could get it too.

Its a liquid that remains in our bloodstream after being injected into it. It can measure body temperature, determine locations and even gauge human emotions. It was simply impossible to get rid of it by normal means and extremely hard to evade government suspicion.

Apparently this liquid sends some sort of signal to a system with our name designated under it, it's somewhat similar to a database which keeps track of everyone that has the liquid.

It was slightly unnerving to Shiki, he had to play it extremely safe if not he would instantly be caught red handed. If he didn't find out about this, there was no doubt they would have caught him over the next few days.

Shiki felt a slight sense of frustration before slamming his fist into the desk.

DAMN!

How do I even begin to care for myself when I am constantly being watched?!

There must be something he can do to remove this 'liquid' by any means

Shiki took a knife from the kitchen counter before cutting his risk and collection a good amount of blood in the cup.

These should be samples...

He split the blood into smaller samples and conducted experiments on them.

He started by placing a magnet over a sample, no reaction

He placed a piece of tissue and poured a good amount of blood, it left behind a residue meaning the thing was most likely insoluble. To confirm this he added water in attempt to dissolve the residue but it remained the same.

He placed a good amount of blood in a small metal pot before heating it over a fire, the blood was left to boil for around ten minutes. He came back to check on the blood and was left with a good chunk of solid.

In both cases, the residue and solid were slightly white and had a texture similar to that of flour. Even though he Shiki wasn't well versed in chemistry, he could search up the net for any possible substances it could be.

"Calcium Sulfate"
"Barium Sulfate"

Bingo! I managed to narrow it down to these two compounds, now I just need to figure out which one is correct

_____
Name : Black
Type : Virus
r0 - 1.1
Infected - 400+
Killed - 8
DNA Points - 451
—Evolution—
Coughing 1
Drug Resistance 1
Environmental Resistance 1
Mosquito Infection 1

_____