Chapter 11 - His Day of Death

Jan 1 2021

The exact day Shiki passed on to the afterlife.
Or so they thought.

To most people, this day would be a special day to everyone, the first day of a brand new year.
But to the household where Shiki came from, it was going to be mourning anniversary starting from that day. Losing their only son to an emerging virus.

Their hopes, dreams all shattered when their son died.

Who would have thought the once hyperactive boy would be reduced to a pile of ashes only after slightly over 1 and a half decade.

And now the parents were solemn, both already past the verge of tears.

Shiki's mother was a doctor, to be exact, a virologist. She had done everything in her power to help her son but there was plenty of unknowns when it came to new viruses.

Shiki's dad was an ex-professional football player. He stopped once his son was born, to raise him to be a strong young child.

And of course, he did succeed. Shiki managed to hold on to his life twice as long as the average FOV-2 critical patients. If he didn't agree euphanisation, he could have possibly lived for another month and even had a chance of being the first person in Japan to ever overcome FOV-2.

~~~
Shiki's dad was already slightly depressed and sat down by his couch, wasting away at the rest of his week on beers. His lifelong dream had already been shattered when his son was taken away by FOV-2. It had a week since he started this lifestyle, and it was about time he got finally got over his son's death.

He decided to find a job. He wanted to help his son continue his dream, even if he was no longer around.

Back when he was alive, Shiki always looked up to Technology industry. He wanted to be a game programmer to be exact, after playing all those mobile games on his phone.

Keen to help his son explore his interests, Shiki's dad took many courses in programming. He had no background in studying and was only a muscle-head but he wanted his son to have a good life, so he simplified the knowledge he learned and prepared it for him just as he was about to graduate from his college.

But all that came up short when news that his son was stricken by the new yet deadly disease known as FOV-2.

Now, even if he couldn't help his son anymore, he decided to pursue his dream for him.

Sitting in the bus on the way to a technology firm, wanting to appeal for a job. He went out of his way to beg for a position in the company, no matter how insignificant. Surprisingly, with what little knowledge he had, he was bestowed with 'Trainee Programmer'. Tis was the start of his own career.

*coughs*

....

...

But all that

...

...

Came up short

...

His dad contracted some unknown disease as he collapsed in the bus.

"Sir are you okay!!"

A crowd already formed around him inside the bus.

Shiki's dad, his name was Anthony.

At a young age, his father had left him claiming to have gone out on a business trip, only to never be seen again.

Anthony fell of his seat, falling onto the floor as passengers all stared at him. Only staring at the roof of the bus. His life as well had come up short, his organs were failing, his skin was beginning to pale as his complexion darkens.

Not long after he collapsed, he had already stopped breathing.

News soon spread to his wife, who immediately requested to do an autopsy on her husband. Which was later granted approval.

Later, it was revealed that yet another new virus had emerged, one under the name of 'Black'

Devastating enough it is to lose her only son, now her husband, she swore to improve herself. The love of her life, and her little miracle bestowed upon her from heaven ( Shiki ), both taken away.

After that, she started immediately beginning research on the new 'Black' hoping to exterminate this virus out of revenge.

~~~
"Where..... am I"
Anthony scanned his surroundings. He was in a new unfamiliar place. He stared at his complexion in the mirror, sure enough it changed as well.

*please select your infection type*

______

Select your infection type
1. Bacteria
2. Fungi
3. Plague
4. Parasite
5. Virus

______

He immediately understood, without a doubt. He had been given another chance to start life, but now as a disease.

"That means.... FOV-2.... is a person.." Anthony grit his teeth and clenched his fist, he wanted to kill whoever was controlling FOV-2 and also seek revenge on Black, the virus that killed him.

Little did he expect that he would ever cross paths with his son again, in a situation like this.

A new rival emerges from death.